Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: IBS symptoms list.

Re: IBS symptoms list.

I'm quite worried about my symptoms. I was diagnosed with IBS in my teens, but mow in my 30s, my symptoms are totally different. Do these sound familiar to anyone? And have anyone's IBS symptoms changed over time?

My current symptoms are...
    - spasms in my upper abdomen, just to the right under my ribs
    - pressure in my left side, under the ribs where my elbow sits when my arm hangs down at my side
    - aching and sharp pains in my abdomen on the left side, from under my rib to beside my belly button, and more pain here when a BM is passing
    - random pain and aching elsewhere in my abdomen
    - aching and unsettled ness in my stomach area
    - mucus in stool, and repeated trips to bathroom for follow-up (smaller) BMs in a short timeframe
    - occasional bloating

What's been normal or holding steady
    - appetite
    - weight
    - no blood in stool, just a trace of blood on toilet paper

Tests
    - abdominal ultrasound came back clear
    - pelvic ultrasound came back clear
    - blood & urine tests came back clear
    - spinal x-ray also clear
    - still waiting for colonoscopy
    I encourage anyone who's struggling with their doctor to take your health into your own hands. You can always start by checking reviews at www.RateMDs.com. And don't forget to leave a positive review for the doctors you appreciate! FYI: Here are some tips on writing an online review of your doctors: http://abt.cm/1lZUdaF

I am glad I found this IBS section!!
    About 10 years ago (aged 24/25 ish) my doctor told me I had "a touch of IBS". Often I would eat something like a McDonalds and 20 minutes later, Id be straight to the loo. Usually happened with fatty foods.

My husband was killed a year ago next week so stress levels have been quite high for the past year or so, maybe even longer as prior to his death I had a lot going on in my life. When I drink wine, the next day my BM are like water, peeing through my bum!! Once I stop drinking they harden up. Last weekend, after Friday night, I wiped on two occasions and there was blood ont he paper, just like a drip that had spread. But then no blood since then.

My BM vary on a daily basis, eg. yesterday all was great, great colour, great shape everything, 3 times, however after dinner, which was spicy food, off I trotted after getting a pain in my tummy and it was all soft and mushy.

The pain I have I havent had before and it feels like I need to push, but not out my bum!! I imagine it is like the feeling you need to push when pregnant. So now Im thinking urine infection.

My tummy rumbles, talks to me, gurgles all the time. This drip of blood has scared me because I now think if it were a fissure for example, it would bleed a lot more and would continue to do so until it healed, not just on two occasions.

I am not losing weight, I am not losing my appetite, I am sleeping well, I am tired usually but that is due to my 5.30am starts I think, I eat well and dont eat a lot of rubbish but I do drink wine at weekends. Is the acidity too strong?

Oh it all wears me down!!

I can identify with most of the above, especially the flatulence (wind) and bloating, but my worst symptom is the dull ache in my abdomen, which is relieved by the flatulence, so I welcome it. I seem to get IBS symptoms for about 4 months, then it goes for months at a time. When I have IBS it usually happens when I'm least depressed !

With me, IBS used to come just with extreme stress, but after several years it came at unpredictable times. It's unsettling sometimes!
    I encourage anyone who's struggling with their doctor to take your health into your own hands. You can always start by checking reviews at www.RateMDs.com. And don't forget to leave a positive review for the doctors you appreciate! FYI: Here are some tips on writing an online review of your doctors: http://abt.cm/1lZUdaF

My IBS pains

Mostly constant discomfort/pain under right rib (like something actually stuck under it) I freaked out about my liver but liver tests and ultrasound normal. the rib pain goes all around the side, but mostly feels under it.

Mushy tan coloured oatmeal consistency poo, sometimes normal, mostly mush - with mucus.

Burning in stomach area (not painful - just hot)

Burping much more often

Gnawing pain in back between shoulder blades on right side

Bloating

lower abdobinal pain relieved by pooing

incomplete emptying feeling

sharp stabbing pain in rectum occasionally.

Worse when eating anything fatty or if I go to Bella Italia for some reason.

had US scan of gallbladder, pancreas, kidneys, ovaries, chest xray, lots of bloods x 2, previous flexible sigmoidoscopy, awaiting (terrified - tomorrow) an endoscopy.

Every now and again, I get severe pain on lower left hand side that even hurts to touch. I also get a headache with those. They last a few days. Very scary. (GP says IBS attack)

appetite fine (too good)
    swallowing fine
    weight ummm (I am trying to lose weight , and that freaks me out too, like "IS THIS TOO MUCH WEIGHT LOSS? THE DIET OR SOMETHIMG SINISTER?)

:( It's really getting me down.

Anyone suffer from frequent urination due to IBS?

Is there any way of telling it's IBS and not more serious

Is waking up in night choking what I guess is acid normal for IBS?

I can relate to everything everyone has said in these replies;
    abdominal bloating
    pain in right rib
    constipation/diarrhoea
    heartburn in bed
    tightness in bowel sometimes can hardly walk
    sheer panic after going to loo don't know why.

Hi

I'm so glad I've found this thread...
    I was diagnosed 10 years ago with IBS at 24.
    Recently I've had minimal flare ups, drinking probiotic every morning which seems to make a difference for me.

Until today..
    Abdominal pain to the point I can't eat. Only relieved by passing wind.
    2 BM today (usually only one a day) one normal the other softer.
    Tender tummy.

Currently bein treated for Gastric Reflux
    Had upper endoscopy last feb, which showed inflammation of stomach and hital hernia. So this probably adds to the pain...

Have abdominal US tomorrow for pain in my hip, which I'm sure is endo.
    All other bloods have come back clear.

---------- Post added at 23:12 ---------- Previous post was at 23:10 ----------

Oh I recently had a back X-ray that showed early onset arthritis in the lower spine.... I'm sure my husband thinks I'm a right catch...

Back pain
    Right sided pain
    Diarrhea/constipation
    Flat stools
    Orangey stools
    Rumbeling stomach
    Flatulence
    Occasional bloating
    Feeling of incomplete bowel movement.

Clear sigmoidoscopy , unreadable barium enema , low iron count . Low vitamin D.
    I'm 49.

Don't know if any of these symptoms are typical of IBS I was told I had IBS 8 yrs ago I also have diverticulitis

“Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.”

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information