Thread: Thankoo!! hehe

Thankoo!! hehe

Hey guys,
    I just wanna say thankyou for a warm welcome to the site!
    And also i wanted to share why came here!
    I was a memeber of another forum. But i was banned from thatr forum because i asked for a 'positive thread/subject' because i felt that there was too much negatitvity and that with the amount of negativity it would drag one down on a good day, so i simply asked for a thread to share good days and news and storys! thas all! so if someone was to go on the site feeling all uptight, they would read, that there is hope and its not all bad!! thas it!! but the admin didnt like this and said to give it a trial run in the panic attacks section, but i disagreed, i though going through the bad posts first would still get you down b4 u even got to the thread! but then we agreed to put it in the living room. that was fine! Then!!! i noticed a post oin the help section, a woman had askedfor the same thing! so i replied saying that we have one going in the living room, its not what we had hoped for, but you cant have it all in this life can you! but i also said that its going well that its working!
    But then i got a message asking for me to leave!! i left a goodbye message to all my friends there and left but it was deleted! couldnt believe it!even when ure fired from a job, u get to say goodbye to your collegues!!
    Anyway the pint of this message, is that i dont think ive ever found such a positive and welcoming site! its brilliant!! So thankyou for just being here lol and being so helpful and welcoming!
    And also even though i may have caused a little stir in the audio anxiety cd set thread, i was still welcome! you do allow freedom of speech and you allow people to disagree, after all, we cant all get along in this world, we all know that!
    Thankyou and take care
    Becci x x x
    (wannabeloved85)

Hi Becci

So sorry to hear about the other site, it is silly just to ban you
    for that [:P]
    I did read the thread that you a talking about and I must addmit
    it did make me smile It was an intresting read.
    I bet you thought [Oops!] what have I done. LOL
    It takes alot more than that for Nic to throw you off.
    I must agree this is such a positive sight, just look at all the
    success storys they have ( and I am one of them)[^]

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXXXX

"Every thought you think changes your biochemistry.
    Your hormones are effected by your thoughts.
    Pay attention to stuff the bring you joy.
    Look for things that bring you a smile! "

Hi Becci

Glad you feel so welcome here. It does sound like the rules on that other site are way over the top. Although we are all struggling with various different issues here, it does help to read the positive posts, to read the success stories and learn how others have come through their anxiety, panic, depression or whatever.

Any site which focuses on all the negatives without giving support and motivation to move forward is not going to help anyone in the end. You'll find it is definitely not like that here and there are many success stories and people who have been and continue to be helped by being here.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions and to express them - in a courteous way of course and it will take a lot more than the difference of opinion in the thread you mention for anyone to be banned from here.

Hope you continue to find help and support being here.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Hi and welcome to the site. You are sio right I hate to just agree with something that I dont think is right just for peace. I think we have to have our own mind and oppinion to be strong and get better.

Becci

Thank you for that.

Everyone is welcome here and we do not judge and edit heavily at all .

Our general rule of thumb is thats if its acceptable to the majority and of no real detriment to anyone we leave it even if it goes against our personal opinons.

We have had some crack pot ideas suggested over time but as long as ' it does no harm ' to quote medical codes of practice we leave it, ditto any gentle altercations between members.

We may all have similar issues but we are all very different people and having these disorders does take a toll on patience.

We do not tolerate deliberate offensive behaviour.

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Glad you found us Becci!! Do stick around

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

Becci

Sorry to hear that they felt it necessary to ask you to leave the other site - that was a bit harsh!

We welcome all the success stories on here that we can get as it does show people that it is possible to overcome issues and do things that they once couldn't.

We rarely edit or remove posts as like Meg said everyone is entitled to an opinion. Very rarely I do ask people to tone things down a bit but the forum is full or wonderful people who come here to get and receive help.

I haven't removed anyone from the site in all the time it has been running and I hope this continues to be the case.

You are more than welcome to stay here and no-one thought bad of your post in Meg's CD topic. As you say we all have an opinion.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

Thread Information