Thread: Bad day with my anxiety!

Bad day with my anxiety!

Hi im having a bad day with my anxiety today feeling like i am going to have a panic attack at any minute and haven't felt like this in ages. I think there have been some contributing factors towards my anxiety. I fell out with my best friend of 20 years two months ago just over a difference of opinion in a taxi fare and we have not spoken since. Anyway her fella and my fella are friends as well and they meet up from time to time. Her fella rang my fella last night and they arranged to meet up again. Then my fella suggested to him that me and my friend should arrange to meet up as well but apparently her fella said that she was unsure about meeting up with me again as we had that misunderstanding the last time we went out. Even though i should be thinking its her loss as i have tried to build bridges and was still willing to meet up with her i am quite upset that 20 years of friendship has had to come down to a taxi fare. Makes me think there is more to it than that and she has decided not to be friends with me. Plus her and her fella aren't very understanding with people with mental health problems but i thought they had accepted mine but obviously not. I have got other friends and a decent social life and have become a committee leader for a local learning disability organisation so I do attend their events some weekends. So i have been busy enough without her but it still hurts.

Also i have been putting on a lot of weight lately and i have cut down on things like chips, chocolate etc and been trying to include salad and potatoes into my diet and i have not even drunk alcohol in the past couple of weeks but found i have put on 3 pounds this week and this is definitely the heaviest i have ever been. I am also on citalopram and propanolol so think this may not be helping so may see my doctor about coming off them gradually. Although most of the time the propanolol and citalopram are really helping with my anxiety.

Anyway sorry to ramble on but felt i have to get everything off my chest
    Last edited by sandy35; 04-07-09 at 13:23.

Re: Bad day with my anxiety!

Hi Sandy

I am sorry to hear how you are feeling hun its DAME hard when you suffer panic, anxiety.

Hunny, when we have issues that need to be addressed and we don't address them (the issue with your friend) this can play on our minds, we tend to come up with all sorts, when we really don't know whats going on. I do agree, it is silly falling out over a taxi fare, but it is clear hunny, YOU NEED to try and put this to rest. Please hun, have a talk with your friend, call her, just start by saying that its silly falling out over a taxi fare and ask HER is there anything esle wrong. If you leave it Sandy, this is going to make your anx worse and your thought pattens will go all over the place, not knowing whats going on and quesing is not the right way to deal with things, go on hun, ask her.

You have been friends for such a long time, even in friendship, we have to work at it to keep it, at times.

Regarding the meds, some meds can put weight on you, what you have to decide FOR yourself is, if the meds are helping weather to stay on them or not, this is YOUR deccision hun, you are doing the right thing in asking your gp.

Please hun, for you own peace of mind, ADDRESS the issue with your friend.

YOU TAKE CARE

LOVE JILL XXX

------------------------------------------

"Every thought you think changes your
    biochemistry.
    Your hormones are effected by your
    thoughts.
    Pay attention to stuff that bring you
    joy.
    Look for things that bring you a
    SMILE"

---------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by jill View Post
    Hi Sandy

I am sorry to hear how you are feeling hun its DAME hard when you suffer panic, anxiety.

Hunny, when we have issues that need to be addressed and we don't address them (the issue with your friend) this can play on our minds, we tend to come up with all sorts, when we really don't know whats going on. I do agree, it is silly falling out over a taxi fare, but it is clear hunny, YOU NEED to try and put this to rest. Please hun, have a talk with your friend, call her, just start by saying that its silly falling out over a taxi fare and ask HER is there anything esle wrong. If you leave it Sandy, this is going to make your anx worse and your thought pattens will go all over the place, not knowing whats going on and quesing is not the right way to deal with things, go on hun, ask her.

You have been friends for such a long time, even in friendship, we have to work at it to keep it, at times.

Regarding the meds, some meds can put weight on you, what you have to decide FOR yourself is, if the meds are helping weather to stay on them or not, this is YOUR deccision hun, you are doing the right thing in asking your gp.

Please hun, for you own peace of mind, ADDRESS the issue with your friend.

YOU TAKE CARE

LOVE JILL XXX
    That really is sound advice. Someone needs to make a move as it sounds like you have both dug you heels in. I'd give her a ring to try and clear the air, rather than let it keep bubbleing away.

Hope your feeling better soon

Ken

All the best

Ken

hi i do not mean to be disrespectful but my fella actually tried to make the effort by suggesting that me and her go out for the night and she has refused to see me so surely the ball should be in her court? Also i am very undecided especially as it seems she doesn't understand my mental health problems - well if she doesn't now then she never will! Thanks for all your advice anyway.

Thread Information