Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Camomile Tea

Smile Camomile Tea

I do not know if anyone has mentioned this previously but camomile tea is a natural sedative. It is not massively powerful but it helps me to calm down when I am at work. You can buy it at any supermarket, I use the Twinnings branded stuff but I think that there is a cheaper own brand alternative. It particularly helps me with the muscle spasms I get.

If anyone has an opinion on this let me know.

Re: Camomile Tea

Hi There, love, love, love camomile tea, it calms me down too, oats are good stress busters too, so porridge for brekkie . And a banana is good for low energy.

I have not had porridge for years might give it a try

I'm enjoying the Twinnings brand as well. I am also taking a supplement a friend of mine gave me called good days PM. Has chamomile (yank spelling), valerian extract, 5-HTP, melatonin and passion flower. Those and a tiny dose of THC and I'm out for the night.

HI

I too use chamomile tea. I am currently 31 weeks pregnant and am therefore limited as to what I can take, but chamomile works a treat. I didn't like the taste much so I add a bit honey. I have found the twinnings spiced apple and chamomile more palatable and it works just as well.

Would definitely recommend this to anyone.

For the people who drink these teas. How many cups do you have a day?

I currently have 2 one in the morning and one in the afternoon, just so I don't feel dependent on it.

Nowheretohide, just drink it has ur doing like u would have a cuppa in morning afternoon evening bedtime. I also have one when I feel panicky. U won't become dependant but hey if u do its not a drug. Just drink it as u would tea.
    Good post it does help, I've stopped drinking them but am starting again cause anxiety is bk and u reminded me about this thanks. I buy calms they in a yellow pack bit of surgar yummy

I havent had chammomile tea for a while, but i agree, it has a very calming soothing effect, i have found it to be a very acquired taste, so i add a teaspoon of honey, , but you soon get used to the taste.
    i would recomend everyone to give it a go.. anything is worth a try

P x

thanks for that i ve been having trouble sleeping so im going to give it a try . I will let you know if it helps

Julie

Quote Originally Posted by NoWhereToHide View Post
    For the people who drink these teas. How many cups do you have a day?

I currently have 2 one in the morning and one in the afternoon, just so I don't feel dependent on it.
    I usually drink a cup or two at night about an hour before bed. Sometimes I'll have one in the afternoon if I just feel like relaxing or if I start to get the aches. I really notice a drop in pain when I drink this stuff.

I usually just put a single packet of Equal sugar substitute in it. Fortunately I really like the taste and aroma of it.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information