Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Camomile Tea

Re: Camomile Tea

I tried Camomile tea for the first time a few days ago and didn't really notice any difference in anxiety/relaxation levels.

This morning, I drank a cup before my driving lesson. In previous sessions I have spent the entire lesson sweating, panicking and tensing up which makes driving considerably harder - today it was completely different! I reacted quickly to hazards without fear, I even enjoyed the experience!

I am also taking 20mg Citalopram, I have been throughout my course of driving lessons (12 hours so far), whether that helped I'm not sure. I'll definitely be drinking more of this though!

Hi Stephles, I would recommend a mix of aniseeds and camomile, it worked perfect for me, they greatly compliment eachother and the aniseeds will stablise some of the sides of the Citalopram, aniseeds invigorate the mind and stimulate the circulation while they naturally reduce the anxiety and the camomile sedate and relax your nervous system. Good luck with the driving

Thanks for the suggestion nightrider, can you get aniseed and camomile in a tea together or is it something you prepare yourself?

Ys, it is great! Have you tried Kava tea? That helps when your feeling stressed to help you relax. I am not sure if it is just having tea...cause that alone tends to send a signal for me to breathe...but Kava tea really helps when I feel panic coming on.

Yes me too camomile is a fab drink if you suffer with anxiety....I never drink coffee or tea in the evening as this is so bad for you and can make you feel more anxious during the night...I actually had a coffee once quite late and omg had the most awful panic attack that night...not saying it will effect everyone but obviously it will effect some...

I love camomile tea, I drink it before I go to sleep, there is another kind of herbs that helps the muscles relax and reduces anxiety and depression levels, it's "lemon verbena" I advise you to try it

I agree with peacemaker, have a cup before you go to sleep. I find it helps.

My wife suffers from anxiety, and she likes nettle and peppermint tea to help her relax

im going to give the camomile tea a try
    i drink peppeermint tea already its
    great for the stomach its very
    soothing so is fennell.

I know this is quite an old thread, but I bought some chamomile tea today to try out and see if it helps at all with my anxiety.

I though I would give coffee a break at the moment and give this a go.

Here's hoping!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information