Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hypnotherapy - seems to be helping

Re: Hypnotherapy - seems to be helping

I'm having my fourth session tomorrow. My confidence is still through the roof and has been almost constantly for the last 5 weeks. I have crap days where I don't feel confident, but this is normal for anyone, and it does not feel like I am in any danger of reverting to my old, unconfident self.

Dedicated sessions which deal with one problem, or a small number of related problems that can be conveniently lumped together and treated at the same time, are very effective.

Hypnosis is more effective when repeated a lot. People need to read, see, hear or do something an average of 16 times before they "learn" it. The best and cheapest course of action in the long term is to buy or download a good self-help mp3 and listen to it every night for at least a month.

I would recommend listening to the same one for at least 1-2 weeks before using another one. You don't want to confuse yourself with mixed messages or by trying to do too much. Take your time and do it right. Prioritise the problems that need treating most urgently and deal with them first before you even consider doing anything else.

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I drew the line between hope and despair, and the line will hold.

"Forth now, and fear no darkness!"

This thread is really interesting. How did you find your hypnotherapist?

i think im going to look into giving this a try seems to work
    thanks
    denise

Anyone who wants help with this can send me a PM, it's time we hammered anxiety and depression once and for all.

The resistance is coming.

Thanks to those who have sent me PMs: hopefully some of you are feeling better already, but for those who are not, KEEP GOING! You can't rebuild yourself in a day!

Couple of new things I have learned:

Can hypnotherapy be used against depression?

YES. In previous years it was thought that hypnotherapy might be counter-productive against depression. However it seems that the opposite is true. One way to describe depression is "a series of negative belief systems".

Hypnotherapy is the practice of altering existing belief systems so they become positive and life-affirming. It is also good for creating completely new, positive belief systems.

Hypnotherapy can also enhance the effects of other types of treatment by helping you to believe in them more.

How are subliminal messages different from hypnosis?

http://www.subliminalmp3s.com/sublim...rder-treatment

As far as I can tell there is not much difference. Subliminal therapies such as relaxing background music or ambient sounds (follow the link above) can have a big impact on reducing the symptoms of stress, tension, anxiety and depression.

Subliminal messages, like hypnotherapy, rely on the power of suggestion. Suggestion can have a very big impact on people. Positive suggestions can make a big difference to your emotions, mood and self-belief over time.

How quickly does hypnotherapy work?

This depends on the problem, your type of personality and the skill of the hypnotherapist. A fear of flying could be cured in two sessions; depression that has affected you for 21 years will require a lot of time and effort to shift.

Hypnotherapy is more effective when it is repeated. Self-help CDs are the only way to do this economically unless you are having treatment on the NHS (lucky sod).

It seems to be commonly accepted that self-help mp3s are most effective if you listen to them every day, or as often as possible if you can't manage that, for a month or more.

If you do not want to listen to them every day you don't have to; but you have to question your commitment to recovery if you won't spend half an hour before you go to sleep with your headphones in and Paul McKenna talking in your ears.

Do I need other therapies if I'm having hypnotherapy?

Yes - in most cases you should seek other forms of treatment as well. Hypnotherapy can boost the effectiveness of all other types of therapy.

Keep it coming people, I have had a lot of people contacting me for help with hypnotherapy and I will help all of you. I'm not a hypnotherapist, I simply provide self-help tools that you might not find anywhere else.

The days of anxiety and depression are numbered.

We are the resistance; join us!

Hi Guys,

I was hypnotised for the first time yesterday, at the time i felt so relaxed, but once i left i felt so groggy and weak. The feeling of weakness really freaked me out, it concerned me that somehow the hypno had done some damage and i was permantly going to feel like i have no energy and perhaps pass out or worse. The amazing thing is although anxious i have no physical symptoms. I was just wondering if anyone else had felt tired and weak after their session? Today i don't feel as weak but it still is concerning me.

cheers

Jonny

Yes mate, your grogginess and weakness were caused by the state of deep relaxation. You get used to that.

Hi,

Thanks for confirming that, i just wasn't aware it could last that long so freaked me out a bit.

cheers

Jonny

Hi, to my knowledge properly administered hypnotherapy cannot do any damage -- however it could be that your therapy forced you to confront things that made you very unhappy, an unfortunate effect of any successful therapy, and this will certainly explain your new symptoms. PM sent with more info.

I experienced increased low mood after my first successful attempts at therapy. Recovery can be painful but that shows it's working.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information