Thread: Sheepie meets Theia....

Sheepie meets Theia....

Hello All,

Well as it says in the name, I went and Meet Theia (jackie) today.

We live about 10 mins walk from each other and we decided to meet.

So today was the day, pouring with rain and everyhting this morning, so I was thinking its going to be cancelled becasue I cant walk in the rain to meet her. But I didnt cancel and I was letting the weather decide what it was doing. So 2pm it rain again thinking Jackie is going to ring to cancel and all this going through my mind.

But nothing.

3pm I was so anx and trying to get ready that I thought sod it I'm going to do this. And not hold back so I left home.

So 3:30 I adventully got there, feeling very anx at this time but met with Jackie.

We went for a coffee at Mac d's which is about 15 min walk from where we met and I did it without crutches. But I had no pain becasue I have a pain relief patch on. so we went there and it was packed, but we both were ok ( I think Jackie was!) and then after a while walked back up the longgggggg hill and then we left each other.

This is the first of many meet ups I think. Jackie is lovely and really caring.

I thank you Jackie for meeting with me. And I hope to se you again soon.

Nikk xxxxxxxx

Re: Sheepie meets Theia....

Well done Nikk

Im glad you had a good day after all your anxious thoughts about whether to go or not to go.

Hope its the begining of many visits with Jackie.

Take care

Carol xx

Nikk

It was really good to meet with you on Saturday, and I so admire you for overcoming your anxiety, it certainly can't have been easy, especially with me chattering away constantly! When you explained the problems with your knee, I was concerned that the walk to and back from Macdonalds (that long, long hill) would cause you more problems, but you even coped with that too! Maybe you can't always see it yourself but you have a great deal of inner strength, and this will always get you through.

So thank you, Nikk, I really appreciate the effort you made to meet up and I hope we'll meet up again soon (and I promise to talk less!!)

Jackie

P.S. I felt alright in Macdonalds, thank goodness...not the place to have had a panic attack I save mine for M & S lol

I think its lovely when people find friends, especially when people have something in common I think its great when I meet someone who understands anxiety because it can be so isolating at first thats why I love this site I could not believe it when I found it and was absolutely gobsmacked when I saw how many people were on it.

What a lovely post.
    So glad you two met up.
    I too love this site and the friendships this site creates.

Laugh and the world laughs with you , cry and ? .....
    you need a bog roll. lol

Thread Information