Thread: Its just coming back with a vengeance! (emetophobia)

Its just coming back with a vengeance! (emetophobia)

im so down and depressed i have been for the past 3 days not speaking much just
    shuting my self down
    aving visions of me been s*ck
    i did think i was getting better i thought it was just a back step because iv been like this for about 2 weeks its been brewing up inside

im praying its a fase we all go through iv been see'in a cbt iv only had two sesions but not giving up has this stuff takes time and i will get there but till then im just guna be having these bads thoughts
    my Kalms arnt helping if any thing makeing me worse because of the side effects
    any one out there got any advice on coping methods thank you

Re: Its just coming back with a vengeance! (emetophobia)

Heya,Im feeling the same as u! maybe its the weather!!! lol I had a really bad week last week and shut myself away in my flat feeling so anxious even walkin to the shop! but now today im okay! Thats the thing with emetophobia its unpredictable and all about feeling in control.
    im tryin not to take anti emetics and so wear those anti s*****s travel bands constantly apart frm when im asleep!!! they do work! well they take my mind of it anyway! also i suck extra strong mints when i feel really anxious and listen to my fave music and concentrate on the lyrics especially when im travelling on the train!
    Keep up the CBT! and let me know how u get on.
    Oh have u tried Valerian drops? u get them from Holland and Barrett and mix them with water which u drink throughout the day,they dont have side effects like Kalms, well not for me anyhow!! or i take Bachs rescue remedy.
    Anyway i wish u all the best and i do understand how ur feeling.

Re: Its just coming back with a vengeance! (emetophobia)

p.s just realised u replied to me before i sent the above post!!!! i just read u take meds. I was taking Motilium 10,pepto Bismol,rennies but now i just have a codeine addiction which i am desperately trying to get rid of but the withdrawl effects are soooo bad. Ive stopped the others an am down to 4 codeine a day so am getting there. I know how hard it is believe me but i saw a dr who told me how much damage im doin to myself and will be very very ill if i dont stop. then my friend got terminal cancer and i felt so so bad coz shes dying and wants to live but i am basically killling myself which i dont wana do. U know what, i made a list of everything i really wana do like go on a really lush hol, etc and i keep looking at that. I have real depressing times las last week where i was so down and anxious i didnt wana do anything part from panic about me being ill but u gotta find something to keep u going like ur partner and family, ur so lucky to have support hun coz mine dont wana understand and are so nasty about it all.
    Anyway just wanted to reassure u,ur not alone in thinking like this and u will be okay again itl just take time. Feel free to pm me anytime.

Thread Information