Thread: Withdrawel Diazpam

Withdrawel Diazpam

My doc has been reducing my diazpam weekly from 15mg now 2 2mg a day. Feel really anxious today and doc just wants me 2 have 1 diazpam was on 4mg.

Re: Withdrawel Diazpam

explain that you are uncomfortable tapering so fast; tapering (especially after extended treatment) should be extremely slow in order to minimize side effects.

how long have you been taking them??

6-8 months hun really feel anxious jittery havent had panic attack but think it could get too that point. U on them?

yh I've been on them for several years (5mg/day). 6-8 months is certainly long enough to experience withdrawals when tapering. Although i have never tapered myself many people would recommend a slow taper, reducing the dose by half or even quarter of a mg every 2 weeks. I suppose it depends on the individual - but if your finding it too difficult i would discuss it with your doctor and sort out a new regime.

Hi guys,

please can someone help?

I was taking diazepam for about 10 months 6 mg a day. I've not been taking it for nearly two months and am suffering very strange symptoms. Muscle twitching and muscle pain in neck and into face. Feel really spaced out and horrible basically. Didn't come off them properly - basically reduced them and stopped over two weeks. Do you think this could be the reason i feel so rough? Thought the withdrawl would only last a couple of weeks?

Any help much appreciated!

Thanks x

Thread Information