Thread: Skin tag panic.

Skin tag panic.

I have had a normal looking skin tag under my left arm for most of my life, as far as I can remember. I used to have one under my right arm as well, but one day it just sort of disappeared and never reappeared. Normally I am not bothered by my tag, as it isn't really troublesome and doesn't cause me pain, but I have noticed a change in color and it has me in a frenzy. It used to be flesh-colored, maybe even a little pink, but lately the top of it is a brown / black color and I am panicking like no other. I don't know what to do, I can't get to the doctor for a while yet but last time I was there he said it was definitely what appeared to be just a regular old tag... so I think it can't be the dreaded C word but I am still worked up in a panic. What should I do? Is this normal, do they do this on their own?

Edit: Ok, weirder yet. I was playing with it, kind of twisting it around, and noticed that when I did so that the blackish part came to a head, kind of. So I kept twisting it, and sure enough managed to pull it out, along with what looked like a dry piece of skin. Now I am panicking more, and just all around confused. Oddly enough my tag looks normal again, the same fleshy pink color and is about the same size as it has always been... but I am so confused as to what just happened or what on earth is wrong with me...
    Last edited by phoenixashes; 08-07-09 at 02:45.

Re: Skin tag panic.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixashes View Post
    I have had a normal looking skin tag under my left arm for most of my life, as far as I can remember. I used to have one under my right arm as well, but one day it just sort of disappeared and never reappeared. Normally I am not bothered by my tag, as it isn't really troublesome and doesn't cause me pain, but I have noticed a change in color and it has me in a frenzy. It used to be flesh-colored, maybe even a little pink, but lately the top of it is a brown / black color and I am panicking like no other. I don't know what to do, I can't get to the doctor for a while yet but last time I was there he said it was definitely what appeared to be just a regular old tag... so I think it can't be the dreaded C word but I am still worked up in a panic. What should I do? Is this normal, do they do this on their own?

Edit: Ok, weirder yet. I was playing with it, kind of twisting it around, and noticed that when I did so that the blackish part came to a head, kind of. So I kept twisting it, and sure enough managed to pull it out, along with what looked like a dry piece of skin. Now I am panicking more, and just all around confused. Oddly enough my tag looks normal again, the same fleshy pink color and is about the same size as it has always been... but I am so confused as to what just happened or what on earth is wrong with me...

When you were twisting it you had stopped the blood supply to it and that is why it went a dark colour. I have quite a few of them and they are harmless. If you know someone who is able to tie them off for you, you can remove them.

'Skin tags are a benign condition and not directly associated with any other major medical conditions, since tags are commonly found on healthy people.'

My doc removes mine with this very hot knife thing!

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Mine fall off when I wrestle

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    My doc removes mine with this very hot knife thing!
    ............nice.

It doesn't hurt lol - just smells awful!

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by tiredOfOcd View Post
    Mine fall off when I wrestle
    .............what?

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    It doesn't hurt lol - just smells awful!
    .........oh well in that cause bring it on, there's nothing like the smell of burning flesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    .............what?
    I was wondering if anyone was going to catch that.

I coach kickboxing and wrestling. I went to my dr with a skin tag under my arm. I had a small injury that kept me off the mat (I'm a hands on coach, so at least 3/4s of the time I'm out there working with my guys)

Anyway, I hadn't wrestled in a few weeks (I don't know if we had a break or if I had to take time off due to an injury or what the reason was) and the dr told me it'd probably fall off after I started wrestling again.

Sure enough, 2 weeks after practice resumed, it was gone.

She did caution me NOT to pull it off, so any of you with one of these stop thinking that right now!

Thread Information