Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pile trouble :(

Unhappy Pile trouble :(

I suffer from piles, going into detail here (sorry) but have 2 little ones on the outside, and possibly some inside as well. They are not very big, i suppose a bit smaller than a match head. They itch and sometimes when i go to the toilet they bleed, always fresh bright red blood. Today worried me a little, as my stools are hard, i kinda pushed a bit too much and was painful. When i wiped, they was a little blood, and what looked like a tiny clot of blood.!!!! This is freaking me out!! That i have blood clots somewhere in my body! My doctor has confirmed piles and said yes they can bleed, he also gave medication for them as well, but is this blood clot normal as well. I don't bleed at any other time, apart from passing a stubborn stool!!

Any advice please

Thanks

Re: Pile trouble :(

While I imagine it looked gross, clotting is a normal function and any amount of fresh blood thats not in a vein, hanging around will clot within about half a minute or so. It's normal. Piles can also get thrombosed and have a clot inside them, thats what makes them painful. If your Doc has confirmed it's from piles then nothing to worry about.

Hiya girl

I can really sympathise with you here as i used to suffer terribly from piles after i had my son.

A health visitor suggested that i get some frozen peas, wrap them in some cling film and place them where it irritated the most. At first i though NO WAY, but i did try it and it was bliss. it not only took away that itch but it shrinks the piles too.

I know it sounds horrible but give it a try!!
    Hope you feel better soon
    Love Lisa
    xxx

Thank you for your response, i was worrying as i have never seen a blood clot like that from passing a hard stool. Blood yes.

I am taking Amitripyline for another health problem, and was panicking that this medication causes blood clots!!

Thanks bottleblond

I might just try that , i've had them for years now, my mum has them as well, so maybe a genetic link somewhere.

I use Anusol, and a steroid cream. It does help to some degree.

Meant to say hun, don't worry about the blood because that is normal, when we press, the pressure can burst or peirce them causing them to bleed. 100% normal i promise.

xxxx

Like i mentioned b4 i get fresh blood streaked on the toilet paper. Even if it's a small clot of blood, that is 'normal' sorry i am being a pain :( for asking.

Can I just ask if they have ever investigated why you are getting the piles?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I have had them for years, i also suffer from ibs and get constipated at times. About 5 years ago i went through a really bad period with anxiety, and got completely bunged up!!! i strained going for a poo! i think that's where it started. Doctor has looked at them b4 and confirmed piles. My mum has them, so i guess there could be a genetic link.

Have you ever had a sigmoidoscopy or colonoscopy to check things out?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information