Thread: exercise

exercise

I'm a workout junkie. 6 days a week in the gym.

Wasn't athletic as a kid.

Research I've read says exercise is good for relieving (among other things) anxiety and depression. I've also found its great for my OCD.

When I'm working out - everything is focused on the next repetition or next lap or something OTHER than ruminating/worrying.

There's an EXTRA bonus I've discovered as an HA sufferer. Exercise doesn't guarantee better health - but it sure doesn't hurt and can have a positive effect.

One caveat - I am NOT suggesting you need to be in the gym as much as me. I realize 6 days is bordering out of control and I constantly walk a fine line between overtraining. But after having worked this kind of routine for 20 years, I know how to manage my time and workout intensity.

So - when you are in a good spot anxiety wise, put yourself on some kind of regular exercise regimen. Exercise advice is everywhere (and I'm happy to describe what I do, what's worked and what hasn't). If you are like me, it will make your good spots better and the bad spots not so bad.

Re: exercise

agreed & ditto
    I pack my trunk, embrace my friends, embark on the sea, and at last wake up in Naples, and there beside me is the Stern Fact, the Sad Self, unrelenting, identical, that I fled from. -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thread Information