Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CBT

hey tracy,
    please please don't cancel! it is going to be hard but you can do it. what nigel described in his post is pretty much what my cbt therapist told me to do before my initial exposure challenges. if you are good at visualisation (which, sadly, i'm not) then it should really work.
    i know you are so freaked out and worried about tomorrow - it's such a horrible feeling. and i know what you mean about knowing rationally that everything is fine, but not being able to physically accept it. i have a set of cards and at the top of each card i've written a negative statement that i'm in the habit of thinking about ('i'm rubbish at my job', 'no-one really likes me', 'i'm a total failure'.) then underneath i've written a whole list of reasons why the statement is a load of rubbish. whenever i'm feeling one of the negative statements i look at the relevant card.
    anyway, this is just one of many ways you can challenge irrational thoughts - hope it helps!
    good luck tomorrow, let us know how it goes,
    henri x

Thanks Henri,

I also am not that great at visualisation, I have tried but all the negative things keep creeping into it, and then it spiralls!

I know deep down I need to get on and deal with it. Roll on tomorrow at 11, when it will all be over!!

Thanks again, and will let you all know how it goes.

tracy x x

Hey Everyone,

Just to update, I have just finished my cbt, and although we didn't push it to Sainsbury's, we did go round 3 roundabouts and over the bridge, and then round the big one way system................................... 5 TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Which to be honest was probably higher on my challenge list than Sainsbury's!!

So, I have now got two weeks to keep it going, until we try the next tasks.

I am so happy, its unreal!! I am now going to have practice accepting the uncomfortable sensations, and realise that hey, just because my legs feel like jelly - SO WHAT!, I can cope with it!!

tracy x x

Thats excellent Tracey - keep it going these next 2 weeks

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Hi!

Only me again, just had to blow my own trumpet!.

I have just been in Sainsburys (with a friend), queued up and BOUGHT something!![Wow!].

Just had to share!! [:I]

tracy x x

Excellent Tracy! Well done!

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Fantastic news Tracey

You're doing so well

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Hey, bit of a late addition, but my god!
    I was anxious for u tracy lol and proberbly for myself. see, im beig refered to a cpn for cbt as im totally housebound and my nannans sister also had this, she told me her cpn used to take her in the car to places, i thought 'no cant be right!' my picture of cbt would be steady little walks further and further each time.
    But now im actually anxious thinking bout it!
    But i am soooo pleased you did it!
    Well done!
    Becci x x x

Well done Tracey, nice to see some progress!

wannabeloved85 - good luck with your cbt hope it manages to get you out and about.

Hey Becci,

It is scary, but my word, it will be the best thing you've ever done - in terms of helping yourself. It is hard, and it is facing up to your fears, but with the help of a therapist you can get there.

I hope yours comes through soon, let me know when, and i'll be ready with lots of positive vibes!!

tracy x x

Every time you avoid your fears they become stronger,every time you face your fears they become weaker.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information