Thread: Help! New to Citalopram!

Help! New to Citalopram!

Morning! Found this forum yesterday & pleased I did as I need a bit of reassurance this morning.
    I started on Citalopram on monday & have had a real up & down week with sickness, anxiety & depression. Yesterday I felt great though. Today I woke real early feeling wide awake but like I was still dreaming. I feel sick & like my heart is going to burst. I took a propranolol about 20 mins ago but don't know how quick that kicks in. Phew, it helps a little bit just to have typed that as I'm just sat here on my own. All I want to do is go back to sleep.

Re: Help! New to Citalopram!

Hiya Butterfly,
    Citalopram does have side effects when you first start taking it, sickness is one of them.
    I think the Propranolol is a beta blocker and that will help your heart calm down a bit.
    I'm sure in a few days you will start to see the benefits of taking both drugs.
    As you woke early,perhaps if you can, you should go back to bed for a while,try and get a few hours more sleep

take care

mick

Re: Help! New to Citalopram!

Hi Mick,

Thanks for the reply. I'm feeling a little better now than I did this morning. You're right I just need to allow time for the tablets to get in my system. I've been reading the posts on here and it seems a lot of people have troubles in the early days of taking these. I did go back to bed but just went back to feeling like I was still awake but dreaming. It did help though.

Hope you are well, take care x
    Last edited by Butterfly09; 10-07-09 at 12:16.

Thread Information