Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Huge "THANKS".....

Huge "THANKS".....

This relates to my original post of "Exercise and panic attacks"
    Exercise and panic attacks

It's just to say a huge "Thank You" to Mico, Meg, Piglet, Mirry, Nomorepanic, Seh1980 and Pinkscrumpy and also to update you really.

You all contributed to my question on my problem about "proper" exercise and panic attacks whic resulted in me finally biting the bullet and going back to playing football on a Tuesday night after a year away.

Since then I have played about 3 weeks and also re-joined the local gym where I have got back into swimming and gym type aerobic exercise. Although I still get the odd doubt creep in, I seem to be mainly ok. If a doubt does creep in, and I feel a bit wobbly or the heart flutters, I just tell myself that I'm burning off the "bad" chemicals and replacing them with good ones.

I don't know how long I would have put this all off without your collective kick up the proverbial and a large dose of JFDI so I really do appreciate it, thank you.

I don't know if I'm imagining it but I also seem to have lost alot of the pains I had before (although they have now been replaced by "knackered muscles" pains.....but they feel alot nicer!!).

Right, that's it really.

Cheers,
    Trev

Well Trev - see how good that is

Many congratulations - again.

Meg xxx

Hi Trev,

That is smashing news - brilliant.

I'm still leaping about on my rebounder and when I go out for my nightly stroll I'm making the walk home much faster. Funny if I'm not anxious I do that faster walking with no gettin out of breath at all so it's almost certainly down to nerves rather than being really unfit.

Well done mate!!!

Love Piglet

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Trev

What a lovely post so thanks for that.

It was lovely to talk to you at the meet-up and see how far you have come and I know that Janice is very proud of you too.

A big well done on all your progress
    xx

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

Great news Trev!!

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

It is lovely to read such positive posts. Well done!!

Tam x

Well done on all your progress Trev.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Brilliant news Trev - good for you.

love

MANDIE XX

Will I ever escape this?
    Will I ever be free?
    Wake me up from this nightmare.
    Please just give me the key!

Meg, thanks again for the chats in Birmingham and comments on here which have helped to squash that final 1%. In fact that 1% may have even gone but it may be that I'm looking over my shoulder a bit. I suppose that this feeling will go with time?

Piglet, that's fantastic news. You are up upward and onward quite literally!! Good on you mate. I'm sure the more you keep at it the better it will be. London Marathon next year then?!! [8D]

Nic, thanks, it was great to meet you too. Yes, Janice has been a huge help through all of this. I suppose sometimes in the heat of our problems we forget how difficult it must be for those around us to watch on as their loved ones implode with frightening ferocity.
    A big thanks again for this site which has been a great help to me and is obviously such a valuable resource for so many people. In my opinion, the sooner GP's get to know about it and refer patients to look at it, the better.

Tammy, Karen, it was great to meet up with you guys and I hope you are both making progress as well??

Cheers,
    Trev

Sounds like you've been doing well Trev.

You may still have the odd niggle, but considering how nervous you were about playing 5-aside just a few weeks ago you've come leaps and bounds in a short time.

And time is an important factor in anxiety, in no circumstances does it just leave overnight. All these negative thoughts, the associations with negative thoughts and so on are all engrained into habit, which is mostly why the odd doubt will creep in. What you're doing right now, is changing those habits, you're reprogramming the brain, if science is to be believed you are physically changing neural pathways in the brain right now. Over time you can eradicate those doubts completely.

In the meantime, you couldn't be doing better.

mico

'Security is mostly superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding Danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.'

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information