Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what does your chest pain feel like?

what does your chest pain feel like?

this is driving me mad and stretches aren't helping. Does anyone else feel like a squeezing sort of heavy pressure under their chest? Mine's usually under the left breast or in the center (not that i'm thinking angina or anything lol) It's really annoying and i can feel it sort of tugging when i walk around.

i feel loads better about heart stuff and don't wanna start with negativity again but when your worried your worried. Ive had chest pains before but they were like stabbing and stuff - different to this. This feels more like a cramp pain in chest and often gets the top of my stomach under the ribcage ( it can feel like cramp when i'm walking) any ideas? it tends to feel better when i lay down but i'm trying to get out more and its bugging me.

Also it sometimes moves to arm, back, shoulder, face so i'm thinking muscular tension but don't know - does anyone have the same?

thanks. linz

I have the exact same thing. Its just really annoying. It feels better when I lay down, but when im like walking around in a store or something. It bothers. It comes and goes.

yeah ive got the same kinda thing just now, dont worry will be ok i know its hard not to worry but the more you do the worse the anxiety gets and the worse the pains get so ive found.....will be ok

cameron

Hi There,
    Your stomach is on the left side and I surely get quite the cramp there and I usually take a tums or malox. I relate mine to gas.

Hope it passes soon,
    TT

TT

I had fairly continual pain in the chest which varied in intensity. It started mostly in the left side and was the pressure type. This did move after a while to the centre of the chest as well. The pressure type was with me for ages. However, I would get occasional sharp pains as well just to add to the fun!!
    I also got it a lot in my left arm, left side of face, left side of neck (back and front) and developed a sort of weird pain/churning in my stomach after a while which would move about a bit but ended up kind of under the rib cage in the end.
    I had continual heart attack worries which spiralled out of control and of course added to the problems.

I can say now that they've mainly gone. I've just followed all of the std advice i.e. improved diet, taken vitamins, more sleep, more relaxation, doing yoga, walks etc. and the main one of course of trying to change your thoughts. I found distraction very good but it had to be something that really absorbed me or else my mind would drift back to heart attack. (I took up the guitar which I'd always wanted to do and it works brilliantly for me).

I was still left with slight pains but after being recently kicked up the proverbial by Meg et al into doing "proper" exercise I have found that they have virtually gone.

In fact, I'm going to be bold and say it, I'm cured now!!!

Hope this helps and good luck,

Trev

Guitar would be a great choice as Right sided brain activities actually doing something creative are more sucessful in drowning out the thoughts processes as it moves away from thoughts at all ..

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Re: what does your chest pain feel like?

linz i was at docs today for same thing /symptoms/pains in chest, she reckon it to do with my anx etc, she listened to my heart etc, but said it was ok.

omg i didnt think anyone got this i know they get chest pain but not just leftside crushing kinda pain just under left breast like a cramp kinda thing. ive had mine 3 times each time lasting for about a month and wearing of at the last wk (coming on going) .my doc says it my anx and muscle tension.

kellie.

Last December i had an attack of severe chest and stomach pain,i was taken to hospital,had all the check ups,ecgs and put it down to stress i had had in the weeks earlier and the pain had gone by then.In october i had another severe attack and was again taken to hospital,i was given oxygen for the pain and slowly the pain vanished although since i have had other attacks ,i was told on once ocasion it was indigeston and another musculer and to take paracetamol and use a hot water bottle! The pain is really distressing and starts off with a tightening of the middle of the chest and overall panic ,i find though if you divert your attention from it it goes!I am now on tranquilizersand oter drugs and hopefully on the road to a solution,i still get back pain and minor attacks.

OMG Greyw & Trev you posts are exactly what i have had. Tightness in sternum that develops into a panic....then chest pain & burning. I have been diagnosed with GERD & prescribed omeprazole, day 3 & not bad so far.

Why is it heart problems are soooooooo scary?

I have an ecg tmrw just to reasurre me ha xx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information