Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Starting CBT

5th session yesterday.

I was not looking forward to it because my sleep had not been particulary good for the best part of the week!

So went along a little apprehensive, but I amazed myself.

As I was discussing the week with my therapist - my attitude to the sleep problems weas far more accepting than before. My words were all positive and that, this is a blip and I'm not going to work myself into a frenzy, but go with it!

We discussed my return to work and again, I was positive about this, even when I had to deal with a couple of difficult issues. Again very accepting of where I was!

Reflecting on my core belief - again, I found myself saying that I was beginning to accept how others perceive me and seeing myself in a more positive light!

Taking this into account, my therapist feels that I am instinctively beginning to question thoughts and how I see myself - he feels that I am doing this, without much prompting from him and all this on a week where sleep hasn't been good!

So, I feel I have turned a corner - probably it's more to do with how I'm beginning to see myself than anything else. There is no doubt in my mind that the therapy is opening the doors, what has surprised me was the positiveness in my manner - it was all natural - I was just coming out with it! LOL

There is not much more he feels I need in the way of strageries at the moment, so am continuing with daily diary and thought records as they are needed.

I have a review appt with the pyschatrist next Monday - but this does not worry me - it is just to see how things are.

So all in all, I have learnt things do not always have to be going as you would wish (for me - sleep), to still have a cracking week!!

Hope this helps anyone reading - I am very amazed and nearly speechless - now that's something - Elaine speechless - LOL

Elaine XX

Hurrah !!

Well done Elaine

Meg xx

Fantastic progress Elaine. You are doing extremely well.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Keep up the good work Elaine!

Jem xxx

Well done Elaine,

Keep it going! I am on my 6th session of CBT, and it is so important to keep the momentum going!

tracy x x

Every time you avoid your fears they become stronger,every time you face your fears they become weaker.

Thanks to everyone for your continuing support.

6th session was last week - nothing much to report!

The good thing was that I also saw my psychatrist on Monday last week and he discharged me! He felt that I had come a long way and probably needed only a few more sessions with my therapist, but really further progress is now down to me! I have the tools!

We discussed how long I needed to stay on medication and how I would handle coming off and all that. So I left feeling very positive.

My therapist agreed with what had been said and was delighted once again with my week.

He hasn't given too much more homework, just the diary. He feels it is now the time to change the frequency of our sessions - Every other week, then a month and hopefully discharge before Christmas.

I really do feel that my life has been turned around!

Would strongly urge anyone to give CBT a whirl!!

Nigel,

As always, such wisdom! Once again I am in awe of you!!

'There should only be one person that we compare ourselves to, and that’s ourself yesterday.'

How right you are - I have written this down and put it in my purse!

Reflecting on my core belief - again, I found myself saying that I was beginning to accept how others perceive me and seeing myself in a more positive light!

That was very apt wording Elaine. Sounds like you've been practicing that little trick with the mirror

This made me roar with laughter - You got me again!!!

Thank you all once again - You are truely supportive and good friends!

I will keep posting until I'm signed off by therapist in the hope that it might help others!

A very happy and laughing again,

Elaine!!!!!

Hi Elaine,

What FANTASTIC news!! [^]I am so glad you are feeling more positive, about everything!

You are very right, you have all the tools now so hopefully you can continue to make such good progress.

Congratulations on being discharged as well, you really have come a long way. I have been following this post with great interest (as you know!) so do keep posting to the end!

Well done

Tammy x

Great work to both of you and keeping taht momentum building

It's been really great reading these messages Elaine and you sound like your doing brilliantly!!

I'm hopefully going to be starting a CBT based group session in early November and I can only hope I'll gain as much as you have.

Take care

Jem xxx

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">It's been really great reading these messages Elaine and you sound like your doing brilliantly!!

I'm hopefully going to be starting a CBT based group session in early November and I can only hope I'll gain as much as you have.

Take care

Jem xxx

<div align="right">Originally posted by Jem - 25 October 2005 : 22:17:34</div id="right">
    </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    Let us know how cbt works for you. I think you will really like it

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information