Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fear of having a filling at the dentist with injection in gum on friday

Re: Fear of having a filling at the dentist with injection in gum on friday

Thanks Jon never thought of doing that but that sounds a good idea! I had the receptionist from the dentist surgery ring me up just to confirm the appointment on friday so no chance of a cancellation now lol!

Hi ya just to tell you i made it through having the filling done although my mum had to come in from the waiting room to hold my hand. Apart from that they put numbing gel on first and i then felt the needle go in but it wasn't painful. I just felt a bit out of sorts afterwards so went to bed for a few hours and i am starting to recover. Anyway it wasn't as bad as i thought it was and i didn't feel dizzy and faint like i thought i would . I would like to thank everyone for their support on here x

Hi can you have Intervenas sedation it is still a small needle in the arm but then you wont be aware of anything Love Claudette

Hi ya! I did get offered to be sedated but i would have had to have gone to another clinic for that as my dentist doesn't have the facilities so would have had to wait for a few weeks and i just wanted it over and done with. I think now that i have had a filling done with an injection that i will be ok in future without being sedated.

but woohooo that's so good you went and got a filling! :-)
    I used to have a bad fear of dentists but since my teeth are so weak I ended up going maybe 10 times to the dentist this year so I got used to going. I still get nervous but I'm much better.
    I know how hard it is, you sit in the waiting room and you get that panicked feeling when you hear your name called!
    well done, I know it must have been very hard for you but you did it!
    x x

Thank you. Lucky that when i went to have my filling done there was no one else in the waiting room so got called in almost immediately. Mishel, you are doing so well with having to go 10 times a year. I think it is bad enough that i had my check up at the end of june, filling in july, hygenist in august then back for my check up in september as i have to be seen every 3 months at the moment. But overall i have been going for a year now and i am the same that i am still nervous but much better.

Hi Sandy

You are doing well with the dentist

See ya soon

Kaz x

Thanks Kazzie. I am really looking forward to the poole meet on the 5th September.

even local anastetic didnt work well for me 2 weeks ago.

I discovered later that i should have told the doc that i take cipralex and have anxiety. But i didnt then. So I was totally drowzy, in panic and nearly fainted after injection. They mix anastetic with adrenalin, maybe thats why i had a weird reaction.

Since then i told that when i can i will avoid anastesia even local.

But if you done it before and it was good for you - you should be ok this time.

Sorry to hear you hear you nearly fainted Thumbalina. I had to have a filling when I was 19 and I avoided having to have an injection. I probably still wouldn't have an injection if it is a small filling. Yes they do say if you feel faint afterwards it is the adrenalin combined with the anaesthetic.

I went to the hygenist a fortnight ago and it was slightly painful at first which is because i have inflammed gums. I actually brought some interdental brushes which is just like floss on the advice of the hygenist and it is really helping me keeping my teeth clean. Next dentist appointment is 8th september and i have to be seen by the dentist every 3 months and the hygenist wants to see me in another 2 months so do not really get a break from it at the moment but i think i will cope now.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information