Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fear of having a filling at the dentist with injection in gum on friday

Re: Fear of having a filling at the dentist with injection in gum on friday

A filling withou an injection...wow

Dentist have come along way in the past 5yrs and they are so, so aware that people have a dental phobia so explain this to your dentist and they will respect how you feel.
    I personally keep my eyes closed the whole time and know it will be over in 5mins or so and I tend to hum, which I then get strange looks when I come out lol

Remember your in good hands with your dentist and I am sure we will read a post of how you managed it

Be Blessed

Woohoo well done hun! I was in the same boat as you a couple of months ago, i had to have two teeth out at the hospital. I was really annoyed because my dentist said i only needed one out so i would have had that out yet still be suffering afterwards with the other one. I was lucky that the hospital spotted it and whipped it out with the other one.

Anyway i was so scared of having two teeth out at the same time, i was in so much pain so i know it was important to have them out. They took out a wisdom tooth and the molar next to it. I had IV sedation and the injection in my gum, it was a horrible experience but im so glad i did it and now i am pain free.

Once again well done you, so pleased for you, give yourself a pat on the back!

Purple haze, I did explain to my dentist before having the injection that is when she gave me the option of going to a sedation clinic instead but i felt that would not be a good idea as i would have then had to wait around again for a couple of weeks and it was better to get things over and done with. Anyway, glad you have found a way to cope with your dental phobia.

Shotokansho, that sounds like a really horrible experience but well done for going through with it!

Thank you both for your comments and you both also deserve a pat on the back x

Hi just a quick update about my appointment today. I have to see the hygenist again in about a month but this time there were no problems with my teeth and I do not have to see the dentist for six months. Im so pleased!

i went today too, was soo scared but a going to have my fillings ie 2 of them under sedation

Well done for going to the dentist today Lonely as i know how hard it is. When are you having your fillings done then?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information