Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Swine flu :'(

Swine flu :'(

I think my boyfriend may have it, and maybe me, but we haven't had tamiflu, im so scared, does this mean it'll have more serious consequences? I can't sleep, im too worried :'(

Re: Swine flu :'(

do you have the symptoms?

Have you seen doc to get it confirmed?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

It is not that bad - not as bad as flu and you would know if you had it as you would not be on here posting asking.

Loads of posts about it so do a search

Personally I am fed up of hearing about it and I am in the high risk group!

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Lol! I am ubar paranoid about Swine Flu it aint even funny! However the way I gotta look at it is over 1,000,000 have contracted the virus and only 500 have died. So fingers crossed it won't be me :P

I was terrified of getting swine flu, then I got it, felt rubbish for a couple of weeks, and am fine now! In the vast, vast majority of people it's a really mild illness, and I think they're only prescribing tamiflu to high risk groups. Just look after yourself same as you would with any other flu-type illness, and you'll be better soon

dont worry my nephew sis have swine flu they have tamiflu and my sister boyfriends sister was confrimed of havin swine flu and novovirus they all seem to be doin well my nephew is only 23monthsx so please dont worry x x its not that bad i promise x x

My boss's daughter has been confirmed today so he is doing the sensible thing and staying off work!

Im feeling really yuck with aches and pains, occassional dizziness, diorreah, bouts of feeling really hot and dry throat so, i rang nhs direct because im a diabetic i was a bit worried and they asked me some questions then they got a nurse to ring me back and then she asked me questions and then she asked me to ring my gp to book a telephone appontment which ive just done and they said they'll ring me this evening as the dr is out on a house call !...its not easy is it. Anyway see what they say when the dr rings me later on.

Just thought I would let you know.
    I had my test back earlier this afternoon and it was confirmed I had this swine flu bug.
    I've been started on Tamiflu 75mg twice a day and been told to rest up and drink plenty of fluids.
    It was quite a performance getting the tamiflu voucher and getting someone to go to the collection centre for me.
    The symptoms I had were fever,headaches and quite a bad sore throat.
    I have to say that the 'normal' flu I had last winter was far worse than this.
    I hope this helps anyone who is worrying about getting it.
    I was worried they would hang a sign outside my front door saying "KEEP AWAY" but at the moment that hasn't happened

mick

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information