Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Account Deletion

Re: Account Deletion

NMP is here to support members who are suffering with anxiety and anxiety related conditions.

We are NOT here to referee childish arguments that should be settled in private!

All mods and admin are here on a voluntary basis and put alot of time and work into running the forum and chat room.

Please take outside issues where they belong and keep NMP for what it is truely intended!

Regards

Lisa
    x

Tigg hunny i am so grateful to have the pleasure in meeting such a genuine person as you , the help u have given me in the past is so large i will never be able to repay the debt to you , i wish u would reconsider but i can see the reasons why u feel u need to leave now ,its such a damn shame hun it really is im so gutted,as for the msn u sent me dont think that what u said in it has caused me any trouble because it hasnt ok,u are one of the most kindest,honest and geniune people i know and the loss of u as a member will leave a massive gap in alot of peoples lives ,what u did u had to do hun and i know u have your reasons but no one will think any less of you for this so please dont think that.
    Right me Wifeyyyyyy im gonna shurrup now cos im cryin but please dont forget us matey we are all here for u as u have been for us

Love Ya Tigg

h xxxxxxxxxxxx

If something happens and chat room rules are broken, report it and it will be dealt with.
    If it's a personality conflict and some can't get along, don't talk to each other.
    Simple as that.

No reason to leave or call for changes to chat.
    Everyone isn't going to be best friends, that is just not plausible!
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    Lao-Tze

I've never noticed any animosity in chat but maybe I dont use it enough.

The other morning I came in and asked for help I recieved nothing but kindness and understanding and it really helped me through a rough time when I had nowhere else to turn or talk to.

Maybe if someone is feeling vulnerable its best not to use the facility. I know when someone came in asking about suicide I had to leave because I found it far too upsetting and not something I was mentally able to cope with at the time.

I think you have to assess how you're feeling at the time and how you'd react if something was said that would upset you and use it accordingly.

It helped me anyway is all I can say.

Ok, just a couple of things I want add.
    Chat is an added bonus to this site and if these kind of squabbles keep reoccuring sooner or later, it will be closed. If the main chat room goes then the help room will go as well..I have used the help room twice, if that hadn't been there for me in time of crisis, I'm not sure if I would be here.

I'm not the type to follow rules that aren't necessary ( ) but on a site like this, they are vital and we have to click the "rules" box every time we enter chat so we should be aware of what to do if there is a problem.

There are plenty of mods in chat and there reason for being a mod is to help things run smoothly, any problems then that is what they are there for. If you don't see eye to eye with a particular mod then contact someone else or one of the admin.
    It's human nature that we won't get on with everybody and we have the option to ignore those that seem to be winding us up.

I use chat because I need to be able to talk to people who know exactly how I feel when I'm struggling or who are there for me when I'm in crisis..I also want to be there for them to reciprocate the favour they have done for me.

Please lets not lose sight of what chat was set up for.

going miss you tigger your a good laugh

and lady as for the room being hostile your wrong its dos a lot of good in there as you know
    Last edited by london; 31-07-09 at 00:12.

Hi

I have given this some thought, and as someone who has experienced many an argument in chat over my time ( and seen it closed down once before) on the site and witnessed the distress it has caused users and admin alike, I would ( and I know this is going to be controversial), temporarily shut the chat room down.

BUT before you all go crazy at me, there are in my own opinion valid reasons for this: It allows people time to think about what they have. Chat is about respect. (And yes I've forgot my place a few times) It's about respect for each other and ourselves. We all have a responsibility over how we choose to communicate. Its not about denying users of the site its about affording time for some reflection.

It's about taking the time to understand the needs of others as well as yourself. Chat is a two way street I have seen a few fantastic users of the site choose to leave due to some antics in chat and that is beyond unfortunate.

I would never diminish anyones issues or problems on here or how it makes you feel ( remember I too suffer) HOWEVER I do not believe those issues are ever a reason or excuse for being disrespectful, rude or discourteous to others.

As a general rule we are mostly adults that go into chat. In an ideal word we shouldn't even need moderators. Should we? And how often do we actually read the rules of chat before clicking on that box to enter. Bet its almost never. Wouldnt it be wise to give ourselves a regular refresher?

In my own experience as fantastic a part of the site as chat can be, it also the part that causes the most distress and argument and is most commonly abused by SOME site users.

Like many of you...this site has proved to be a lifeline for me at times. It's been a source of support, comfort, reassurance and since Nic booted my backsiode about drinking redbull on my introductory post. I owe NMP for being redbul sober for the entire time of my membership.

So yes, and with no intent to offend or distress those site users who do feel they use chat properly, I do believe a close down period for reflection isnt a bad idea at all.

I genuinely wish you all well and that no one leaves.

Pooh x
    I've crossed lines of words and wire, and both have cut me deep. I've been frozen out and I've been on fire, and the tears are mine to weep. But I can cry until I laugh, or laugh until I cry. So cut the deck right in half, I'll play from either side.

http://poohsworld-pooh.blogspot.com/

The way forward for chat is to treat others the way you would like to be treated.
    There will always be heated arguments/discussions because we all have a view point but if its a personal issue concerning two or more individuals, then best they dont talk to each other. Again if its abuse REPORT it to the admin team and it will be dealt with.

Chat is a vital part for many on here but closing it down because of a few bad apples is maybe not the best but I see pooh's point of view on this. I have not been in chat for ages so I am not sure if there is an ignore button so people can not see what an abusive person is writing.

I would not like to see someone leave because of what others have said in chat and many times its said in the heat of the moment. I am sure all things can be resolved but if not I know a man in a black leather jacket that can sort out the individuals (it will cost lol)

But seriously we all come on here to support each other and get support, so lets obey the rules of chat or stay out of chat

The chat room is of great benefit to lots of people.
    At the end of the day we are all adults, not everybody is always going to get on, life isnt like that! Incase anyone hasnt noticed there is an ignore button that can be pressed, if you dont want to talk to someone dont,if you have a problem with someone take it to pm do it privately, chat doesnt need closing people just have to remember its there to support each other not cause each other more anx.
    xx

I feel people need to grow up; I came to this site as I heard that it was good at helping people. Now it’s just a big mess.

I don’t care if people take offence at what i'm about to say, but i’m p****d off with seeing the same people fighting it out on a place where people come to get help.

And its not just here, it’s now spilled over to facebook and msn. I never came to this site to be involved in fights that are like the ones that happen in primary school.

All these threats off people coming to get others irl just because of words said to them on a screen is pathetic.

If you want to fight, do it elsewhere as people don’t want to be involved in this crap anymore. Having row's might be a good distraction to you, but maybe you could just take a step back and think what its doing to the people that are hear for real help.

I have seen that there are groups of people on this site that stick together and fight with other groups, I have seen people not being included and even ignored by people because they see this chat room as their own little place, and that person is butting in to the convo, I have been a victim of this myself, but at the end of the day, if you want your own little group, create your own social website or msn group.

Nicola and the mods and admins, have done a great service by still running this site, if it had been me I would have just shut it down, mainly for the fact that what’s the point in trying to create a place that’s here to help people in their time of need, when at times it turns into a child’s playground.

Cut it out and grow up, and please if you feel offended by what I have said don’t go throwing threats at me, a threat made online is just as bad as a threat made irl in the eyes of the law, and nobody has the right to make somebody feel like they now need to live their life in fear.

This post has been automatically edited by the NMP post filter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information