Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: constant sick/nervous stomach feeling

Re: constant sick/nervous stomach feeling

yes, you mention drinking water - dehydration can lead to dizziness and headaches. I assume you've had blood tests, urine tests and other tests, and all came back normal?

I mean the other related factors that can cause lightheadedness is -sensitivity to light (moreso if you suffer migraines though) are you squinting your eyes all the time,
    -eye strain by looking at computer screens or TV's for long periods of time for example
    -Insomnia, which has a whole load of things such as no sleep, waking at early hours, odd sleeping positiion (such as putting strain on your neck if your bed/pillows/matress are old or broken),
    -any medication you're on which brings on lightheadedness/drowsiness as a side effect.

But these are just suggestions, not something to worry about and scrutinise

When i went to A&E (emergency room for the americans amongst us!) with my first ever head zap & migraine the doctor did a few simple tests to show that the brain is functioning properly and its nothing to worry about. The jist of it is, hand/eye/leg/ movements & coordination, which if you pass all his tests, proves there's nothing wrong because if there was something seriously wrong with the brain, you wouldn't be able to do the tests! Simple really!

I haven't had blood tests this time round. I had a bit of an attack last year which ended up with me in A&E in such a panic. That was the massive pounding heart symptom. They did bloods and ECG and they came back normal (well, they just said I was fine and told me to go).

Saw the doc today and it was just the usual "it's all anxiety" (which okay to be fair is probably true). Dehydration was mentioned about the exercise which I suspect may be the case anyway.

I'm off on the bike again maybe today so I'll ensure I'm hydrated well before, during and after and see how it goes. I normally drink during a ride, but maybe it's not enough, and perhaps I haven't drunk enough before (also eating. Bike forums suggest plenty of protein a good hour before exercise).

The point about eye strain is also maybe a factor. I wear contacts generally at work and I do find occasionally I'm getting a fair amount of eye strain at work. Kind of like my eyes popping out of my head. I keep meaning to check with the optician as the prescription was adjusted last time so it may be too strong or something. I could go back to glasses but I'm just so used to not wearing them for work, and I find glasses rub if I wear them too long.

And then yeah, the medication could be a factor too. I'm reducing the ranitidine and feeling fine. Maybe easing off will help. Though I was getting the light headed stuff before I went on it.

Hello,
    I have the same thing, a constant anxiety in the stomach. I've had it for about 17 years. Because I'm otherwise a very healthy individual, it has to be psychological. Though I'm not sure what the root cause is, but I'm pretty sure it involves growing up in a highly stressful home situation, i.e. parents always fighting, no communication, a kind of suffocating emotional experience. Having never been able to resolve it, never gone to primal therapy, and haven't really discussed it with a therapist, and its not exactly as if my wife wants to hear about it all the time, I'm kind of ranting here.

The thing is, I guess if you're a receptacle for other people's stress, and you don't respond, you become the carrier. That's probably it in a nutshell. It has been the bane of my existence, kind of ruins life as we know it.

Seems the first place to be hit with anxiety is the stomach. IBS is apparently quite common. I seem to have mine under control right now though

Your joy is your sorrow unmasked.
    And the selfsame well from which your laughter rises was oftentimes filled with your tears.
    And how else can it be?
    Kahlil Gibran

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information