Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: constant sick/nervous stomach feeling

constant sick/nervous stomach feeling

Currently in a state which is making me feel terrible where my stomach feels kind off butterfly like and almost feels like I want to be sick any minute.

Also have a heavy feeling in my limbs, sometimes with hot/cold flushes.

This has been going on for a couple of days now and won't stop.

I'm breathing normally I think, heart rate is okay and not pounding (though I'm taking propranolol at the moment). Breathing and relaxation techniques seem to do nothing for this.

Saw the doctor the other day, having been given some stuff to read on anxiety and told to come back in 4 weeks. I don't think I can last 4 weeks though! It's hard enough getting through 1 day.

All I want to do is lie down, and whilst if I do that I can sleep, I feel awful when I wake up with the same feelings and feel feint too.

Re: constant sick/nervous stomach feeling

hi there i get these symtoms too all the same, i could have written it myself, r u on any meds?

Nothing except propranolol (beta blocker), which was actually prescribed last year for a different panic/anxiety thing I had going on (which was causing pounding heart, but none of these other symptoms, but scared me a lot at the time).

I was told to just take a couple when I feel the need, so I do that. Not been taking that many. I don't feel they do anything in this case though. They worked a treat last year for the pounding heart though.

Really reluctant to go onto anti depressants etc though.

What makes this worse is feeling like this, I lose my appetite. I'm trying to stuff myself whenever I can though, hoping it takes away the feeling but it doesn't.

i only asked because anti depressants can cause these same symptoms. i always feel sick, also my anxiety is worse in the morning.

Its common for anxiety to make you feel sick. When mine is bad I literally have to force feed myself and I have no appetite whatsoever, its very difficult. It will go away eventually as you calm down, it just takes time, try and find some other things to concentrate on if you can. The more you think about it, the less likely it will be to go quicker.
    Try and eat little bits here and there, I find soup is good.

I would say anxiety, but people seem to think everything is anxiety. I would say go get a blood test, just to be on the safe side. Tell your doctor to get them to look for any kind of bacterial infection, because those are known to do some pretty weird things to your body. Oh and they are not very deadly, just to let you know, so don't panic yourself. Easy treatments can be used to get rid of them in under 2 weeks, so you will be feeling great in no time!

Got an appointment with the Doc on Saturday so will push for some tests.

However in the mean time I did a long walk yesterday evening and felt much better for it with most symptoms gone.

Fine this morning at work. Went out for a walk at lunch to get out of the office, and that was okay, but now it's all hit back again. Same stomach feeling and I'm also incredibly tired and light headed. A gentle bit of exercise shouldn't do that? ! (should note that I consider myself reasonably fit as I do mountain biking almost every week. Although it was biking last week that set all this off).

Just an update.

Got some meds to sort out the sick feeling and that combined with a relaxing weekend, has sorted out the sickness. That's made me feel a hell of a lot better and much of the anxiety has dropped away now. My appetite has improved a lot so I can eat better now, which in turn makes me feel better too.

Other than that I got a leaflet on SSRIs, but I'm not interested in those at all.

Main problem left now is I'm finding I'm light headed / dizzy after exercise. Not during (I feel great during exercise), just after. Even light exercise. Sometimes even bending down and standing up makes me feel a bit dizzy. Seems opposite to what I expect as exercise is supposed to help relieve anxiety. Don't exercise and I feel fine.

Minor bit of stomach cramp perhaps too, but it's so mild it's hard to tell if it is or I'm just imagining it. Various muscle aches occasionally, but that could be due to all the tension.

Anyway, got a follow up appointment Saturday so I'll see what they say. Different doc this time so maybe a different angle on it.

Still think this could all boil down to a simple infection (as it was a weird injury to my finger which I think set this all off, and potentially it could have been an infection or insect bite perhaps).

Problem is, if I suggest things it's all just getting passed off as anxiety at the moment because that's what was originally suspected. Though have to admit I went in to the docs initially saying I think it's anxiety.

We all get headrushes, particularly when we are tired - if we stand up to quick from sitting down for example. It may even be that you hadn't had enough to eat or drink prior to going out doing your exercise.

As for the stomach cramp, could be something as trivial as trapped wind or indegestion which you took in as you exercised, or again just bloatedness due to anxiety or IBS if you have it

Cheers. I'm sure it's all just related things.

The exercise thing only concerns me because it's done it every time since the whole thing kicked off. Still even now. Just loading the washing machine, bending down, and I'm light headed when I stand up. I know it's fairly normal, but hasn't been normal for me until now. Then again, having gone through a couple of weeks of total body tension has likely upset my body rhythm or whatever, and so I'll get these symptoms for a while until the body is back to normal (hopefully).

But yeah, even then there's the issue of enough food/drink before exercise. Thinking about it I did a couple of bike rides which were great at the time, but left me feeling awful after, and both of those I really hadn't eaten before. Today I went for a short casual walk at lunch and felt a little light headed after, but I probably did it too near lunch.

Another thing I read a lot about these symptoms after exercise is simply not drinking enough water. Though I do mountain biking weekly and haven't had a problem until the other week when all this kicked off.

I think the most frustrating thing is there is no simple answer. It's easy if you've broken a bone. You know what it is, the doctor/hospital knows, and there's a solution.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information