Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Swine Flu - PLEASE READ!

Re: Swine Flu - PLEASE READ!

you do a great job nic i agree with everything you said

Smile Re: Swine Flu - Latest NEWS as it reaches me!!

Please be assured: Funding for the possible increase in so-called 'Swine Flu' cases over the Autumn/Winter period of 2009/10 is not compromising that being put into Mental Health; it is a separate issue and being treated in the UK as such; I cannot speak for other coutries - only my own.

The advice remains the same.... the mildest cases affecting those vulnerable but not within the risk groups will feel the same symptoms as with any winter 'flu' virus; advice is plenty of fluids and paracetamol works best to regulate temperature..... Expect to feel the effects for 7-10 working days.... Do not expose others to the risks so arrange for neighbours and if you have them - other family members to do essential shopping for you. If you feel that your symptoms are not responding go to the Tamifloo collection points - NHS direct - not your own surgery are arranging for these collections so don't worry about batttering down the doors of your surgery. Already the New Vaccine is being delivered to front line NHS staff and GP's... those in risk groups including the young and old and pregnant mothers will be prioritised next. Please prevent this expected flu issue from getting out of hand. There are widely differing views as to the source of this 'flu' - lots are controversy theories and scary as this might seem - some people enjoy the mass hysteria spreding such rumours creates. All I ask and I repeat - All that I ask is that you keep a sense of proportion about the 'flu' issue this Autumn and Winter.... Yes, it will take lives but so will pneumonia, heart disease, asthma and other health conditions that people are more susceptible to in cold temperatures.

Just as you would take precaustions when travelling, take the jab if offered for added immunity protection. I will keep NMP ppl aware of the situation as it is - ongoing - if there are major changes.. the majority of you will know via the media or via the internet..... Last of all, do not let the fears of influenza stop you enjoying the build-up to a Happy and Healthy Holdiday season..... Mystically Yours Stu_UK Nottingham. to a less fearful Autumn 2009

Re: Swine Flu - PLEASE READ!

Useful tips about the Flu
    1.The rewards of eating 5 or more fruits and vegetables daily are worth the effort, proven to be strong weapons to fight the forces of flu and colds.
    2.Keep tissues handy for coughs and sneezes. Then dispose of tissues in a "no-touch" container. This is a container that is emptied without touching the contents.
    3.Cough or sneeze into your elbow or arm NOT your hands, and teach children to do the same. Droplets from coughing or sneezing can contain viruses that can cause other people to become sick. If you cough or sneeze into your hands, everything that you touch with your hands may expose others if they come in contact with those same surfaces.
    4.Clean children's toys frequently to cut down on the number of germs, especially toys that can be put in the mouth.
    5.If you are sick with a cold or flu, stay home and away from other people if possible. You will prevent the spread of your illness to others and also protect yourself from the more serious side effects of the flu or colds.
    6.Don't stack coats in the workplace, childcare facilities, or other public areas. Stacking of coats can pass on cold or flu germs as well as ringworm and lice.
    7.In the workplace, avoid sharing common items such as phones and computer keyboards. If you have to share, then wash your hands frequently and avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth.
    8.Enclosed areas should be ventilated periodically to get rid of germs in the air. Consider opening a window in your home in a room that is not occupied to let some fresh air in.
    9.Wash your hands frequently throughout the day. Always remember to turn off faucets with a paper towel. Teach your children the same healthy habits.
    10.Caution! Flu germs found lurking under the mistletoe. If you have a cold or the flu, stay away. If you are healthy, consider yourself warned.
    11.Bring a hand sanitizer to work with you and use it periodically, especially if you have a cold. You may want to apply a hand moisturizer or lotion to combat dryness of your hands.
    Last edited by martinpaul12; 05-12-09 at 12:14.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread Information