Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Swine Flu - PLEASE READ!

Swine Flu - PLEASE READ!

We are getting so many posts about this that I have created a sub-forum under Health Anxiety for the threads.

PLEASE read these posts and add to them and do not start any new ones.

Thanks

The forum is here>>>>>

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=87

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: Swine Flu - PLEASE READ!

Can we stop swine flu taking over NMP please.

This is NOT a swine flu forum and there are so many posts about it now that it is getting silly.

If you get it you can see doctor and get tamiflu, it is not as bad as the common flu that loads get.

Use hand wash to kill the bacteria

Stop worrying!

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Here are a couple of swine flu specific forums:

http://www.talkswineflu.com/

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Swine-Flu/show/356

i don't understand why people are panicing about swine flu,you all need to calm down,its normal flu with a new name,i am recovering from it right now and its no more than the flu,infact the flu takes more than 1000 people a year,this swine flu has taken 29 in a few months.

Please can people stop sending me nasty PM's telling me I CANNOT stop people posting about swine flu.

I never said that - I created a sub-forum and asked people to read the threads in there and stop creating new ones.

I do not think I deserve to be abused in PM's by members telling me "how dare I stop them posting about swine flu" and "who do I think I am" and "do I even suffer from anxiety".

If you want a balanced view then read this thread ...

Please read this thread before commenting further and do not attack me thanks

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=53653

But please stop making me out to be so mean - I do not deserve that.

I run this site the best I can and with the help of all the admins we do a great job and do not deserve slagging off.

I would like to say that we don't get to pick & choose what we worry about. If that was the case, I wouldn't worry about anything.

Martin1989 - You are telling people on an anxiety/panic site to calm down!! Are you for real? I could tell you not to worry about your heart racing when you go to the loo, but I won't because that IS obviously something that is worrying/has worried you. It's called health anxiety Martin, you have it too, you just worry about different things to these people who are worrying about swine flu. Did you get any replies from your 'Heart racing when going to the loo' thread that told you to calm down? And if you did, how would you have felt? It's exactly the same thing! Think on before you say anything else daft like that!!

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    I would like to say that we don't get to pick & choose what we worry about. If that was the case, I wouldn't worry about anything.

Martin1989 - You are telling people on an anxiety/panic site to calm down!! Are you for real? I could tell you not to worry about your heart racing when you go to the loo, but I won't because that IS obviously something that is worrying/has worried you. It's called health anxiety Martin, you have it too, you just worry about different things to these people who are worrying about swine flu. Did you get any replies from your 'Heart racing when going to the loo' thread that told you to calm down? And if you did, how would you have felt? It's exactly the same thing! Think on before you say anything else daft like that!!
    I couldn't agree more, Elspeth! Thanks for that.

Completely agree with NMP Nic; you UK people can get your help about this from either NHS direct by phone or on the net, and from next week a new number will be circulated regarding the World Health Org's action plan with a helpline number and our nearest source of help. However - and I stress this - public hysteria is common accompanying any outbreak of disease affecting the whole community so don't add to the panic by imagining you have an illness when it is just an additonal aspect of your anxiety folks. H1N1 is a fairly mild form of influenza unless you have heart or lung conditons or are diabetic; if in doubt consult your GP or ring 08456 4748 NHS direct to get advice. Usually no visits to the A&E are necessary; staying indoors and taking to your bed for a couple of days is the best way to get over the worst of the symptoms which are the same as any other bout of influenza.... Stay healthy.... Mystically yours Stu-uk
    Last edited by Mystical; 17-07-09 at 01:12. Reason: misspellings

the swine flu is a load of tosh in a way.

I have health anxiety and managed (just) to go to the south of glasgow and paisley where it is most effected in scotland and guess what???

been a month now and i dont have it.......

really depends on your immune system, if ur about n got a cold ur more n likely to get it than if ur healthy.

I have learned from my social science's course that the media hypes things, we dont have to listen to the media 100% of the time.

the minute you show a symptom of the flu even if u think its normal flu get checked, if you dont then nothing to worry about .

nic dont stand for people being nasty to you in pm , you and others do a good job

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information