Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Swine Flu - PLEASE READ!

Re: Swine Flu - PLEASE READ!

No one is saying that being afraid of H1N1 is irrational or unwarranted all that has been said is that there is a new section devoted to the issue and that all further posts regarding H1N1 should be placed there.
    It makes it easier on members who are posting and replying because they are easier to find and will therefore get more responses and it makes it easier for the admins because the threads aren't in every anxiety related section on the site.

Let's try to remember that all the admins and mods including Nic and Alex spend countless hours on this site voluntarily!

Verbally abusing the people who try to keep this site running smoothly not only is completely unwarranted but is also against the forum rules and is grounds for removal from the site!

If anyone has anything further that they wish to discuss please do so in a manner that follows the old adage "treat people the way you wish to be treated".
    xxx
    Sandy
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    Lao-Tze

i can't understand anyone abusing nicola and her helpers. it's a free site thats open to everyone and without people like nicola and her team where would we go for 24 hour help and advice.

There is absolutely no need for any abuse or nastey pm's. If anyone had a problem with what had been said i.e. to confine your swine flu concerns to a certain thread so that others can be heard about their anxiety problems, then why not just contact the mod and explain calmly what your concerns are? Why not discuss it like adults and let the people who kindly run this website make the decision as to what to do for the best? I really do hope people think better of it now and apologise, or even keep their horrible thoughts to themselves. This forum is about discussion and problem solving - not aggression.

Hi

How nasty for some to be sending nasty pm's and abuse to Nic and admins.

They do a great job on here and loads of us would be lost without it

mandie x

nic
    i know its easy for me to say but please dont listen to the people who are giving you hassle.. you and the other admins do a wonderful job ...and are sufferers yourselves i think sometimes people forget that...
    i know that with out this great site me and alot of others wouldnt be where we are now...
    and i think a sub forum is good because i for one dont want to read about swine flu so we can just not go there and the ones that need to can use it.
    i am sending you big hugs for all the work you do hun...
    rach
    x

Not to mention the cost of running such a site! I have a couple of vbulletin sites and it isn't cheap!
    Member shouldn't take this site for granted!

Nic, that's unbelievable that some members have spoken to you like that! I for one am very grateful that this site exists and I think its the right thing to do - move all the SF posts to a section provided, afterall it'd make reading about it easier not having odd posts dotted around.

Some people should be ashamed of themselves!

((hugs))

Nic

I think you and the admin guys here do a stirling job, I did post about swine flu, but was trying to show how the media sensationlise.

This site has a fantastic community and I have made some great friends on here.

Big hugs

Emira

I can and will get through this....

Bloody swine flu, it's only been around for a few months, it has not done any significant damage to the human race and we're already at each other's throats about it!!

I've been saying since the beginning that there is too much doom and gloom about swine flu. This illness is not even that serious in nearly all cases. This situation has not changed. I bet more people die from TB in the UK this year than will ever die from swine flu!

Stop reading the news papers cos they are full of crap.

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I drew the line between hope and despair, and the line will hold.

"Forth now, and fear no darkness!"

This is your site Nic, in my opinion, boot them off the site if they're going to be abusive or nasty. Thats ridiculous. There's plenty of info already up on the site for people to read about the dreaded swine flu (thats not all that bad!).

OK, Maybe people shouldn't be saying 'calm down', but I think the comments made by Elspeth about Martin1989 were cruel. Martin had a problem there was no thread up about. Not something that there was a million threads up on. Its very different. We're mostly all HA sufferers, but some topics have more info up then others. Remember your signature Elspeth.

I hope your chilled now Nic, take no notice lass

I have the ole HA, but funny enough this swine flu hasn't bothered me one bit.

Being male, I have had worse flu's . I had that flu once that makes a man bang on the bedroom floor demanding chicken soup

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information