Yay to Ambience for taking the time to post all of those tips!! Thank you very much!!!
Those are EXCELLENT nuggets of advice Ambience, Mico and Nigel!!! Thank you for sharing those! I will print that out and study when I'm not so sleepy.
I just want to interject for those people who might be reading this who are really at their wits end. There are some of us for whom the panic has so consumed our living that we can't even sleep because of the panic that jolts you out of your dreams. When you are so panicked that you cannot function and you can barely sit still to read a post, please do not feel like you are to blame for the horrific state you are in!! Yes, I agree we are responsible for our thoughts and emotions, but who in the heck would ask for the hellish nightmare our minds and bodies send us through when a panic attack takes place?!? If you are in an intensive state of panic, I suggest that learning to change your thinking takes time. Dealing with your thought patterns should take place during those times when you are NOT in a panicky state. That is very important to note! Take advantage of the times you aren't panicking to learn new thinking skills and relaxation techniques. And if you are unable to function because your panic episodes seem to run on and on and overlap and you can't even sleep at night, I suggest medication. I am so proud of all of you here that do not use medication and have not wanted to. BUT... if your very life is at stake and/or you have children to take care of, get medication to help you take the edge off and settle you down. Then, while you are having a break due to the medication, work on the skills you'll need for after you get weaned off the medication (WITH a physician's help!!)
I personally was one of those people who knew about positive thinking and making choices about how I think and feel before the panic ever reared it's evil head. But even though I knew how to do this, several life traumas smacked me in my head all at once and threw me for a loop with barely enough time to catch my breath. All that I knew quickly went out the window, because I became overwhelmed. That's when you know you need good therapy and/or medication.

"Honey, if ya ain't feelin' the bumps in the road, ya ain't goin' nowhere!" (A wise Georgia Granny's take on living life to the fullest! LOL!)