Thread: Newbie ere....Hi all

Unhappy Newbie ere....Hi all

Hi ya. I sort of stumbled across this site and I thought I'd give it go..

I'm a 37 yr old mum of 4 who is completely barmey most of the time. Thing is the nuttyness is now really becoming a big problem.

I have despression and I take 40mg fluoxetine every day. I was on 20mg for a year but doc has put it up. Thing is I am really beginning to wonder if my meds are doing anything as my head is always mushy and all I want to do is sleep. I could guite easily sleep 16 hrs a day. I have really bad bouts of extreme tiredness which is affecting my driving and my work and it is really scaring me.

My doctor is not much help, all he says is the flu should wake me up.

I get confused and angry at a drop of a hat and I'm making my kids lives hell.

My biggest issue is weight gain. Over the last year I've piled on an extra 2 1/2 stone. I have been calorie counting and tyring so hard to watch what I eat that I'm becomming obsesive. The kids are healthier but I'm fatter! I used to walk everywhere but now I'm always so tired that I drive everywhere and I've stopped excercising :(

I smoke way too much and I don't think this is helping the situation.

Which problem do I deal with first? I so wanna be me again

Re: Newbie ere....Hi all

Hi there

my friend's doctor recently told her to tackle her weight problem and that her depression would subside in it's intensity, however, other doctors told her to do the reverse. She joined weight**tchers where I go (joined Sept '07 and have went from 16.2 - 9.7) two weeks ago and has lost 3lb. She has found it very supportive and I went through a bout of depression just over a year ago and going helped me through it.

I have been suffering from depression and GAD since March so I really understand your wish to be yourself again!!! However, I now see light at the end of the tunnel and know that I am improving and YOU WILL TOO!!!!
    tAKE CARE
    cHANTELLE.

This post has been automatically edited by the NMP post filter

Re: Newbie ere....Hi all

Hi there

The problem u should deal with first hun is the doctor. Have u tried seeing another doctor or health professional who is more sensitive to your needs. You will improve but please u need the help u rightly deserve. How long have u been on this medication? If there's no improvement on these meds then go and seek further help. You are a mother of four which is a very demanding job in itself, have u got support in your area. Is your family supportive? Also think about CBT, has your doctor suggested councelling. I am a 38 year old mother of two children and I feel the pressure.

You can PM me any time to let off steam. Take Care.

Diane xxx

Thread Information