Thread: I have lost a stone.

I have lost a stone.

Woo hoo I have lost a stone in weight. I have been attending weight watcher classes for the past thirteen weeks and have finally lost a stone in weight. It is relevant to this forum because it was due to taking mirtazapine that I put on a stone and a half anyway. I went for an operation last year and noticed that they had put obese on my forum. Arrgh. Also as I had a spinal anaesthetic the paper lining that they lift from the trolley to the operating table split because I was too heavy. I now have to lose 3lbs to get back to goal weight. Well I have had wine and pizza this weekend but I will be back on the plan tomorrow. It was very hard to stay with it but my sister has been doing weight**tchers as well. My self esteem has improved. I feel so much better about myself and I can get into size twelve clothes. This time last year I had no desire to lose weight because I felt so depressed and anxious. The turning point was earlier in the year when I was ill with depression. I tried to change medications and I was very sick and giddy. I also had a series of chest infections and found out that I can no longer tolerate antibiotics. So I had already lost half a stone before I started. So if anyone else needs to lose weight I would defintely recommend going for it. Just because you have failed in the past doesn't mean you wont succeed now. I do exercise and I know that helps with weight loss. Always check with your GP if you are going to start a weight loss programme.

This post has been automatically edited by the NMP post filter

Re: I have lost a stone.

thats amazing well done

are you on any meds i put on weight with them

well done, that's encouraging to us all. I'm on mirtazapine and lithium both of which increase weight. I've lost about half a stone since Easter but like my glass or two of wine too much!

I am still taking lithium and dothiepin. Mirtazapine made me put the weight on in the first place. I had to be extra careful losing weight whilst being on lithium but so far so good. My levels are usually 0.6ml if that helps.

well done thats great!

Thread Information