Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Good news for a change!

Hi Karen,

Is that the case with all the associations do you think??????

Love Piglet

Hi Piglet

Yes I think so. I did look up some information about this online but it does appear to be for first time buyers and priority given to those in renting housing association properties.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

I am now panicking about having Internet connection when I move. I was looking up the arrangements with my ISP for changing address. It says it takes approx 10 days to transfer address with a new phone number and up to 20 days if you transfer the same number.

I cannot cope for one day with Internet access, let alone 20.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Hi Karen,

it might be a silly question, but if you are in somewhere you are buying already, why the need to move?

You mentioned financial problems earlier. Is it meeting payments that's a problem or are you looking to release equity for some needs you have? Have you explored all of the other ways of dealing with the financial issues other than selling your current house?

Hi Trev

I am selling because I need to release money from my house to clear debts and yes I have tried other ways of getting out of this mess but everything else just delays the inevitable.

Originally I thought I could just sell this place and buy something else that is cheaper and still clear my debts but it hasn't worked out that way. Now my only options are either to rent somewhere, or to buy somewhere in an area where I wouldn't feel safe and that needs loads of work doing to it.

I don't believe I have any options really.

Karen

This situation gets more complicated by the day.

I have just had to speak to my solicitor as she phoned me with one final enquiry. She told me the other side are ready to exchange bar this one query and the suggested completion date is 1 December.

However, I don't know what it happening with the flat I was going to rent. I originally thought I would be able to use some of the deposit money from my purchasers to pay the deposit on my rental flat when we exhanged contracts - like you can when you purchase somewhere.

My solicitor said this isn't possible though and so I won't have the deposit until completion day. I don't see how this is going to work, as firstly the letting agents would only hold the flat for a further 2 weeks and completion won't happen in time for this, and secondly how can I arrange to move and sort out all the paperwork on the day of completion?

Now I don't know what to do and I just can't cope with any of this. I don't have the strength or capacity to sort it all out. Does anyone have any ideas? I really don't need this at the moment.

Karen

Karen,

First of all either contact the letting agents yourself or ask your solicitor to do it for you if you don't feel comfortable doing it. They need to be aware of your position regarding funds and, as you have already paid a holding fee, then they may well agree to the deposit being paid on the actual removing day. Unless you ask, you wont find out and could be giving yourself extra grief when the situation can be easily resolved.

Also, once this has been ironed out, you can then decide whether the 1st December suits YOU as well as your buyers. Don't feel you have to just go with what they want. If it doesn't suit you then they will just have to find a more suitable date.

Make that call today, Karen, and at least that will be one thing less to hassle you!

Kate

Hi Kate

Thanks for your reply. It is too late today now to do anything. I was waiting for my solicitor to come back to me with further news about exchange and confirmation of completion dates.

Part of the problem is I don't really know when would be a good date for me. I can't motivate myself to do anything. I just wish it was all over and done with.

Karen

Yes I agree with Kate there - the completion date must also be to suit you too (don't feel pressured by this, its perfectly normal to work on a date that suits all parties).

Love Piglet

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread Information