Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Good news for a change!

Thanks Sarah and Lisa.

I have an appointment to view a studio flat tomorrow but I have to go and view it on my own so am feeling rather anxious about that. Not too sure what the area is like either.

Originally it seemed like getting an offer on my place was what I was waiting for and the end but of course it's only the beginning and now there is more stress to come.

It's so confusing to know what to do and I'm hopeless at making decisions. Jac told me I should just concentrate on looking in the town I'm in now but there's hardly any property in my price range here. Don't know what to do really.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Hope it goes well and so pleased you have had an offer on your house.

Thanks for the pm but only got it yesterday but if you feel like a chat over the weekend i am off so text me just in case i dont get on the computer.

But thanks Karen for contacting me asking if i wanted to have a chat really appreciated it.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

Thanks for the good wishes Sal.

No worries about the PM. I just saw you were online at the time and thought it might have helped you to talk.

Will text you over the weekend.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

I'm getting anxious about this flat viewing tomorrow, particularly as I usually drag Jac along with me for moral support.

I know I can do it on my own, despite the anxiety, but still feel it helps to have another opinion. So, for once, I am not going to say I can't do it because I know when the time comes I will do it, even if I feel panicky.

I did ring the Agents myself this afternoon to make the appointment too.

Karen

Now I'm losing my nerve and am panicking about this morning. I was trying to be positive last night about it but who am I kidding? I don't want to do this alone.

Karen

Actually think this is one of those occasions when two heads are better than one.

I would want someone else to come too (not because of the agroraphobia this time lol) because it is an important decision and you need someone to keep your feet on the ground and look for the practical things.

Can you arrange another time for when you can bring a friend?

Love Piglet xx

Hi Piglet

It is difficult really because Jac is my only friend living locally and she is trying to persude me against looking outside of my current town, so won't come with me to view the property I'm seeing today.

It's a bit short notice to cancel now anything. I am panicking about going alone but I suppose I will just have to JFDI it.

It is at times like this when I do feel particularly alone though.

Karen

Ok so we can't be there in person but like Nigel I will be thinking about you this afternoon, so rush back and tell us what you think. We'll be waiting.

Love Pig xx

good luck Karen

I hope you got on ok looking at the flat,

let us know how you got on,

kairen x

Thanks guys. I coped OK I think and at least the estate agent meeting me there was a woman. I still felt very anxious though.

It wasn't a bad flat actually and the studio room was quite a good size. The kitchen was fairly modern, but the bathroom was really dirty and old. I have a 'thing' about bathrooms and think it would have to be ripped out and a new one put in.

Another negative is that it doesn't have gas in the flat and the only source of heat is one electric storage heater in the combined lounge/bedroom. I'm worried that the way I am at the moment I will freeze because I can't maintain body heat very well, and also it will cost a fortune to run.

Another negative is that the maintainence change is £80 per month, which I think is very high.

I don't know really. It was convenient for the shops, only a 5 minute walk away and had off street parking which is a bonus. But it also felt really busy around there, whereas the area I live at the moment is really quiet. I am not sure how safe I would feel there but then I wonder whether anywhere really will compared to where I am now.

I really feel like I need another opinion. I wish Jac would come with me.

Karen

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information