Thread: Really p***ed off with myself today!

Really p***ed off with myself today!

Well I had a good nights sleep and woke up this morning feeling great and thought I'd beaten this short stint of anxiety (3 weeks). And then I started to think about things that I had read on here and in one of Claire Weekes books and my mind went into over drive! I started to think that I had gotten rid of this anxiety and been left with OCD (no symptoms of that whatsoever!). And then I thought Oh god if I'm thinking that I've got something that I haven't maybe I've got Health Anxiety now - I dont have a clue how to tackle that!! It appears for me sometimes too much reading can be a bad thing! I take too much in!

A couple of hours later I realised that this was still the GAD talking but its really p***ed me off! Previously I was only anxious about my symptoms of anxiety - now what the hell is going on. I'm on a right downer now and feel as though I've taken a step backwards.

The last few days have been great and the symptoms of anxiety aren't really an issue for me anymore. I just need to sort my thinking out!

Hi ya

I am reading a book at the moment called women who think too much! sure that this would apply to both sexes!

Sometimes we can overthink about our symptoms and make ourselves feel worse!

Try and deal with what you know and avoid looking too deeply into it!

Dealing with GAD is difficult but trying to focus on other conditions can make yoru anxiety symptoms worse!

What you have had is a minor set back, the good days will soon start to outweigh the bad and you will get control of this!

Try and focus on what you know! and deal with one thing at a time! If I sat down and thought about my symptoms I would end up in A & E every damn day and I refuse to let it get that bad!

Keep going! it will be fine ! and read things that are positive not negative !

Take care

Sue with 5

scknight

God you are so right Susan. Thanks for taking the time to reply! My husband is always telling me to get off the internet and stop reading stuff that upsets me but its so hard to stop isn't it!!

Is that book any good? I've been reading lots of Danielle Steel lately (3 in the last 2 weeks!).

I always log on here to see if anyone is having a similar experience to me which I may be able to offer advice to - but then I fall upon an experience which started out like mine and then got worse! Now that IS NOT GOOD to read!! LOL

I am sticking with the success stories now instead!

Thanks again - positive thinking it is and if you could give me some more info on that book you've got that would be great!

tygwyn

The power of suggestion is extremely strong when you're recovering and Yes, you can get reading information overload if you're extremely vulnerable to suggestions.

It needs to be balanced with normal everyday stuff.

This is a reactive blip so will pass and well done for recognising it was the GAD talking.

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Thanks Meg

God this site is great for reassurance!

Thanks soo much. Smile is back on my face and if I get miserable again I'm going to give my 5 year old daughter authority to kick me right up the a**e!! I don't have time to be miserable anyway! Gotta take her horse riding in an hour!

Thanks again - very very much appreciated.

hi Tygwyn,

I saw you type the word 'smile'

Keep typing that more often at the expense of surfing the net which often results in scary information that is not really relevant to your case.

The beauty of this site is its comfort.

Take Care and you'll soon be back on track

Keep smilin' [8D]

Ray

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
    ~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

Thread Information