Thread: Throat spasm - can't talk

Throat spasm - can't talk

I must say I've found a lot of comfort in reading about other people's symptoms as it helps me realise I'm not on my own.

I haven't read so far, that anyone has symptoms exactly like mine so thought I'd ask. I get throat spasms soon as I wake up. They get worse as the day goes on and are especially worse with exercise. I also get a very dry throat and am constantly drinking water or squash. But the worst thing is when it spasms, I can't talk! There are several words I find it almost impossble to say, like ball, tall and other words where you have to pronounce multi syllables. It feels like a pulling deep in my throat and I avoid social situations because I can't talk.

Does anyone get this too?
    Blessings to you all

Trim

Re: Throat spasm - can't talk

I suffered from this last night, I couldn't get words out as my throat was so tight and constricting. Also my jaw often shakes and trembles. I also find a lot of the time I can't say words with multi syllables too, I stumble on them or stutter or stammer, it can be as though I can't pluck the word I want out of my brain.

This may be slightly different to the symptoms you have but it is generally all down to the same thing, ANXIETY, the mother of all problems.

i have this too. i notice sometimes my sentences come out just fine, but if i start thinking about the way i am talking, then i stumble my words. this is a pretty new problem for me too. as long as you can make all the sounds you need do, when you say them slowly, then nothing is really wrong with you, its anxiety. i got to the point where i was just talking to myself and repeating things to make sure i was even capable of saying them, and for me its the same pulling feeling in my throat, or something like that, maybe like a gagging feeling, is that what yours feels like?

Yes it's as you both say. My throat feels so tight I can't form the words to get out. I think its the muscles in my throat being so tight. When I have a really bad day I just try not to talk and drink lots of water. Isn't stress a pain i the backside?!

Thread Information