Thread: Major Attack at 1.30 am this morning!!

Major Attack at 1.30 am this morning!!

Hi Guys

After going to bed at 11.00 pm last night, I woke to a HUGE panic attack at 1.30 am, felt like I had been hit in the chest with a bus!!

Now, I have suffered these in the past, but mostly anxiety recently which I seemed to have a bit of control over. However, my husband has been working nights (last night tonight), so I get anxious about going to bed.

Last night I took 1 x 25mg of SleepAid, a tablet given to me by the chemist, which is mainly a antihistamine. When I woke with the panic attack, the tablet had made me feel terrible, I felt completely "out of it"!!

I am now thinking that this feeling coupled with my already anxiety about going to bed probably brought on the panic attack.

I am really scared about tonight now. The doctor gave me 7 diazepam 3 weeks ago and I have still got 2 left, I probably would have been better taking one of those instead of the sleeping tablet.

Some advice/experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Jackie xx

Re: Major Attack at 1.30 am this morning!!

When I had a major blip a few weeks ago and my sleep pattern became disrupted my doc gave me sleeping tablets which made me have major panic attacks so have now stopped taking them and seem to have settled down a bit, although still quite anxious so it could have been the sleeping aid that you took that caused it.

Banana

Hi Banana

Thanks for your post. I am thinking now it was the sleeping aid. As when I woke up I completely felt very odd and out of it, very wired also which started my panic. I just dont want to feel anxious when I go to bed tonight. However, I have a diazapam I can take if it is really necessary.

Have you got through your "blip"? My started about 3 weeks ago.

Jackie xx

I don't know if this will help you ( it did me)......when I got panics in the night I tried counting back from 100 in 3s.....when that became too easy i then did it in 7s..... you have to concentrate so much that it can take your mind away from the attack ....good luck x

Hi there

Thanks so much for your post, I will definately try the counting thing tonight. It is my husband's last nightshift tonight so I am determined to not get in a state when I go to bed.

Jackie xx

Hi Jackie. I'm currently taking a very low dose (25mg) of quetiapine each night for anxiety and panic attacks. I had a bad reaction to anti-depressants and have found these tablets to be very effective in helping me sleep, getting a normal appetite back and ridding my head of silly thoughts during the day. Quetiapine is an anti-psychotic but I believe it is also prescribed in smaller doses for anxiety. It certainly makes me ready for bed whilst before I was sleeping 3 hours a night.

That funny in a way as i came on here today to asked if anyone is have panice attacks at night as I keep having them it like my heart going so fast and its dark and Iam going to die ,but it so like it in a dream and it make you feel weild allday. I try not to have sleeping tables as the doc gave me some and they knock you out for hours and that something i don't want. I had this happen years ago I got over it but you forget how bad it is. Are you under any stress or life getting you down ? If so remember they a lot of people that it happing too at about the same time and together we all get to the other side panic attacks

Hi Jackie..
    similar thing happened to me but the tablet i took was for my hayfever it made me feel really tired so i went to sleep but woke up and felt totally out of it..omg i had a really bad panic attack and it was on a saturday afternoon i think when you suffer with panic or anxiety attacks part of that feeling is the fear off not being in control of your mind and because your tablet and mine had something in it to make us drowsy thats what caused us to go into panic mode....hope that makes sense to you dont take that tablet again i have to be very careful not to take anything that can cause drowsiness as i cant handle that weird feeling..hope you have a good nights sleep tonight.

Hi Guys

Thanks so much for your support.

I slept really well last night without taking anything, so I figure it must have been the tablet, well, lesson learnt I suppose.

I will see what today brings.

Jackie xx

Thread Information