Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Benefits

Benefits

I was wondering if anyone had claimed benefts when they were suffering from anxiety/depression?

I m thinking about it but am worried it'll show up on my record in future or will affect my prospects?

Thanks!

First Anxiety...then panic attacks...now GAD and depression

Hiya,

Ive been signed off since december with depression/anxiety and i get incapasity denefit.

The best thing to do is ring the job center plus who wil ltalk you through all your options.

http://www.jobcentreplus.gov.uk/cms.asp?Page=/Home

My doctor signes me of each 28 days, its just a case of me seeing him each month for a ceck up/progress report and then i send off my sick note.

Not sure about what records it will show up on etc, but if you are entitled to that extra bit of help then go for it. The job center are really really helpful and wil ask questions about your situation and let you know of any other entitlments you may be allowed.

Tatty B xx

as i write,my mum is on phone about claiming, im actually nervous, i hate drs,they wont visit me and i cant get there! I been like this for 3 yrs and never bothererd to claim, but i figured it might just help me along and im always getting letters asking me what im doing.

hi wanna,

i have put it off for the time being.

let me know how u get on?

First Anxiety...then panic attacks...now GAD and depression...now working on a better future!

well mums called,they sending 3 claim packs, incapacity and income support, can only have one of thos though, but dont think ill get incapacity cos never worked. and also sending disability allowence. which is for help getting out and about,for taxi fare etc. my mum gets that aswell.
    Monday i gotta call the dr out :( but ill get over it lol i always do! im asking for a female dr though. my mums last dr told my dad i was a lyer,u cant catch! and when he came to see my housebound mum,he made her walk down the street! mean or what!
    But i shall not let a dr take advantage of me in any way. ill stand my ground! and if i have to,change drs till i get a more supportive one.
    Desperate,may i suggest u just do it?!! lol i dont mean to sound harsh,but ive put it off for 3 yrs,ive lost some right money,that coul help me buy books etc

Wanna,

I was out of work and was able to claim incapsity...because i am unable to start new job etc, so im sure you'll be fine.

Have been on incapsity since dec, had a medical last week with them (just a formality and a chat) which went fine.

Tatty B xx

ok, i should of know this wouldnt be as easy as i thought!
    I cannot get a doctor out ATALL! this sux! i cant claim unless i get a sick note and i cant get that w/o a doctor.
    They said i cant have a home visit for agoraphobia and p.a's because im not on thyre records for having it in the first place. They asked me to go to the drs, but i only just managed a walk with the dogs yesterday.I cannot do that at all! i ow that for definate!
    This is so annoying! ive been this way for 3 yrs and never once asked for help. now im reaching out for help and im being refused. because its not an emergancy, im not seriously ill,dying or had an accidant. BUT thinking that way i might as well be, because im not living!!!
    The ony thing i can think to do at the minute is moan!
    Any suggestions?
    Thnx
    Becci x x x

Have u changed docs recently? Have u ever been to the docs about your agro phobia etc?

Tatty B xx

no tatty, never been to docs bout panic attacks or agoraphobia! BUT! i now have result! mum called back for me and a female doc coming out wednesday! woohoo! it was differant secretary who answered the phone the second time round, the first one,katrina, has it in for me and mum cos she just always says 'come down,noughts gonna hurt ya' lol oh well...i win! lol ill let ya know how i get on!
    Take care
    Becci
    x x x

thats good becci!

good luck!

First Anxiety...then panic attacks...now GAD and depression...now working on a better future!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information