Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Video Games

Video Games

Has anyone else had issues playing them since suffering from axienty/panic?

I don't mean the performance on the actual game either. LOL.

Re: Video Games

Hi,
    I often play halo on x-box live and it can make me feel dizzy sometimes...but it is a constant fast moving game with loads of movement in the scenes so that dont help!! I dont know if this is the kinda thing you mean ...at one point i thought it was triggering dizziness but i just dont care anymore ...sometimes it also stresses me abit ...especially when you get killed lol..Jodiex

I did read somewhere that if you play the more intense games when you are suffering from anxiety/stress it can do more harm than good. Stands to reason I guess. Perhaps a round of Tiger woods golf is better for you while you feel anxious

Hmmm, I always find that I am alot less anxious after I've had a good hour or so on an online FPS game. I use it as a kind of distraction thing to take my mind off whatever will be worrying me. Even if it is just for an hour or so, then atleast it breaks the cycle.

The other thing I like to do if I really want to have to concentrate, is play an online Chess game.

This is weird, I actually do have panic attacks when I think about one game: Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 on the XBox 360. In the opening days of my anxiety about 4 months ago I played this intensively with my best friend and my cousin on XBox Live. I cannot face the thought of this game now and I will not play it again. (This is not pure cowardice, Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 is the cheapest and most deeply frustrating game I've ever played.)

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I drew the line between hope and despair, and the line will hold.

"Forth now, and fear no darkness!"

Well if you are talking about timeline association in terms of anxiety and gaming, I can't play GTA San Andreas any more because that was what I became obsessed with when I first started suffering from anxiety problems. I've loaded the game, but had to quit before loading my save as I think along the lines of "Sh*t, last time I played this I was really ill" sort of thing....

mhh ive thought of computer games as an escape from real life. I used to ;ove them. I wanted to become a video games designer up until a few weaks ago. Now when i play my video games/ make levels for them i think do i reallt like this game / type of hobby or am i lying to myself to try make me feel normal? Games i play are Counter strike source, team fortress 2 and many mods. I can never enjoy playing games now, im constantly plagued with the question ' do i really like this?'

Quote Originally Posted by WillyB View Post
    mhh ive thought of computer games as an escape from real life. I used to ;ove them. I wanted to become a video games designer up until a few weaks ago. Now when i play my video games/ make levels for them i think do i reallt like this game / type of hobby or am i lying to myself to try make me feel normal? Games i play are Counter strike source, team fortress 2 and many mods. I can never enjoy playing games now, im constantly plagued with the question ' do i really like this?'
    Ha ha, weird that I fell exactly the same. Yeah i have lost interest in games now :(

Yeah i kind of lost interest in playing my PS3 now.

And i only ever do it if my mates are round, we'll have a bash on Fifa or something.

I used to play NWN every night until 2 months ago when anxiety got to me.. Now I just log onto it to chat with friends for an hour or so.
    The combat part of the game makes my nerves agitated.. and the thoughts of combat and violence seem too negative for me to play it in my current frame of mind.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information