Thread: bit of a rant sorry!

bit of a rant sorry!

I woke up today so angry I just burst into tears (not like me at all!) and if I dont write this I fear for my crockery!

This is my third bout of panic/agoraphobia in 7 years and while im grateful that I dont suffer constantly like some, I feel people dont take it seriously because Im sometimes "normal"

I can almost hear the "pull yourself together" from some people.

My family are very much into therapy and expressing yourself and thats great, but im still on a waiting list and they arent really listening!

Im always welcome at their house but they dont pop round to see me. If i cant get out the only convo I have is in the chat room which is great but not the same as being with someone who knows you
    The other day my mum said my behavior was attention seeking and I need to "get on with it"
    Apparrently that was supposed to be helpful, I could have swung for her!
    Im doing the best I can.

I know Im a grown woman and I shouldnt let it get to me but I feel dissapointed and let down.
    I just need to write it down or it will go round in my head and wind me up more, and I have some nice vases I dont want broken!

I dont normally like complaining about stuff, mind you im not usually a fan of quotation marks either!
    anyway rant over
    thanks charlie x

Re: bit of a rant sorry!

Charlie

The comments you are getting from your family will cause more harm than good. It will just add to the stress that you are already feeling with this condition.

You may think this is silly but can you write it all down? get it all out on paper then send a copy to your mum. Let her read it on her own rather than you standing in front of her. It may just give her the jolt to realise that you are not attention seeking and are infact suffering from a condition.

Good luck
    Lisa
    xxx

Re: bit of a rant sorry!

Thats really awful Charlie ,no wonder you feel like you do . You need support and understanding right now and you dont seem to be getting any from your family .I also think what Lisa suggests is a good idea .At least people on here understand what you are going through ,thats better than nothing for now .Hope things improve for you soon and you get the support you need .Take care Sue x

Thread Information