Thread: Living a lie

Living a lie

Just wondered how many of us continually lie about our anxiety.
    How many of us keep saying we are fine when we arent?
    I do it all the time.
    I cant keep telling my family im stressed and anxious.
    Its not fair on them. I feel a burdon.
    Ive become a better actress than joan collins and elisabeth taylor.
    Ive got everthing to make me happy at the moment but im still not and feel guilty cus i arent happy.
    I dont know what being happy is.
    Im sure there are loads more people that feel the same.

Laugh and the world laughs with you , cry and ? .....
    you need a bog roll. lol

Re: Living a lie

I don't lie about my panic/anxiety. I can't. I think its perfectly obvious when i am feeling bad. My actions speak a million words!

I think to feel a burden is (dare i say) 'normal' with this kind of illness. I feel terribly dependent on my poor old ma - thus leading to thoughts of being a burden.

To be honest, i believe its better to be totally honest and open about this. If you're feeling crappy, say something, keeping to yourself will only make you feel worse.

x

Panic attacks started in 1992. 1998 i became agoraphobic which lead into being room bound. Couldn't even get upstairs. 2002 i started getting better, able to drive and work. 2005 i became house bound again. 2009 i have been making SLOW progress, still not able to go anywhere alone, but my journeys are getting longer. No where near 'normal' but at least i can go out.

I am so with you here Lynn ...i have this happy mask that i wear when really i am filled with terror, anxiety and low mood.. then like just a second or two ago I end up exploding over nothing - like my teenage daughter had made a mess and not cleared it up - i went ballistic at her but really it is all the stress inside that comes spilling out.... though i apologized to my daughter i feel so bad ... wish i knew what the answer was?... my gp blames it all on menopause !!!!

Yes me too..I wore that happy mask everyday even when i had depression and had home visits from the physiciatric nurse then i would have to go to the school and pick my chidren up and chat to the mums...years later one of those mums became my friend and when i told her she couldnt believe her ears said i looked so happy all the time....lol we are good actresses at times..

I, too always smile and laugh when a lot of the time I feel like screaming my head off! I hide everything form my family, theres only my mum who can tell when Im pretending. Last week I decided to confide in my hubby and what a mistake that was. He thought I was getting at him and then told me he often felt bad but just got on with it...thats precisely the reason I put on my happy face!
    I'll be up for an oscar soon but judging by the competition here Im not sure Id win!!!
    Take care,
    Carol x

Thread Information