Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: What's your current HA worries?

Re: What's your current HA worries?

I had that fear too, Pkstracy - while I had the flu. Centered around so much time being stuck in bed and had a sore spot on my calf. It went away once I was up and moving around.

Biggest fears are (as always) brain tumor (gliomas specifically) and ALS, closely followed by, well, basically any kind of cancer. I am a major cancer-phobe.

Then I also worry quite a bit about connective tissue diseases, since my ANA has been positive since 2017. Scleroderma (systemic sclerosis) is probably the one I've feared the most. But not as much as I fear cancer!

I also have lower back pain quite often (most likely from hypertonic pelvic floor and hypermobility) and every time it flares up I worry that I have a herniated disc or spinal stenosis and then I end up thinking that it's cauda equina syndrome and I'll end up paralyzed and incontinent.

Ah, the joys of health anxiety...

Quote Originally Posted by maryjane91 View Post
    Biggest fears are (as always) brain tumor (gliomas specifically) and ALS, closely followed by, well, basically any kind of cancer. I am a major cancer-phobe.

Then I also worry quite a bit about connective tissue diseases, since my ANA has been positive since 2017. Scleroderma (systemic sclerosis) is probably the one I've feared the most. But not as much as I fear cancer!

I also have lower back pain quite often (most likely from hypertonic pelvic floor and hypermobility) and every time it flares up I worry that I have a herniated disc or spinal stenosis and then I end up thinking that it's cauda equina syndrome and I'll end up paralyzed and incontinent.

Ah, the joys of health anxiety...
    I'm sorry for all of your worries. I was diagnosed with MCTD February 2017...changed my life. Now as of my last blood work, it has picked Scleroderma (not the one I wanted it to land on)..

Now that I have Scleroderma...my anxiety is significantly less. Now I worry about the stupid virus going around. Imagine that! I have Scleroderma but I am terrified of coronavirus. I realize how cuckoo that must read as I type this.

I wish I could tell you please don't worry, but that's what we do. I'm here if you have any questions or want to vent!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information