Thread: Have you learned to live with anxiety/panic

Have you learned to live with anxiety/panic

..Or are you still struggling with it? Do you still sometimes "forget" and live your life until it "hits" again, or are you constantly aware of it? What about eg. anxiety/panic attacks, are you still sometimes sure you have something else more serious, and forget all that you have learned about symptoms etc.?

Even though I myself have made progress, i still have to work hard on relaxation and other techniques. And I still have to check the "anxiety symptoms" site over and over again when I start getting worked up and "forget" how many symptoms there really can be
    thanks for you replys!
    Evita

Re: Have you learned to live with anxiety/panic

For me its more about keeping on top of it! After all you cant get through life avoiding things like stress or things that might trigger it life dont work like that! If only! And the panic attacks do often come out of the blue aint it a bugger! LOL

Yes, a BIG bugger

My biggest achievement is stopping my panic attacks. I dealt with them step by step over a few years until the only times I was having them was from being completely exhausted and overtired, which I now watch out for signs of and stop doing stuff if I'm too tired.

I still get anxious but it isn't crippling. I go to work and if I'm having a bad day I try and find less demanding things to do until it passes. I stay calm and never let it turn into a panic attack.

It's not easy and there are times when I want to run away from the world and hide, but I manage to control those feelings enough to get on with my life.

For me it's a bit of a roller-coaster. I'd had several good months until this swine flu thing hit, suddenly I'm down in the depths again and can't see a way out. What worries me is that each time this happens I feel like a bit less of the old me comes back from the experience, and it's only a matter of time until anxiety and depression becomes a permanent way of life.

sometimes i forget about anxiety , and it's the greatest feeling in the world! i refuse to just cope with anxiety, im optimistic that maybe one day my hard work, relaxation etc will stop most of the attacks

I can cope well with it until too many negative things happen then it rears its ugly head . Up one minute down the next hmmm .

Getting there though .

Im the same. Im coping well until too many distressing things happen at the same time. Like now, have had so many stressing things and bad news happen within a month that am starting to feel the strain. Im sort of waiting for it to happen. Just trying to think that so what if it comes back for a while, it will pass once life settles down once more. But it rearly does, does it. Especially when you need it to

so true! I remember watching big ben chime at new year and thinking thank god a new year! But this onces just as crap! Roll on new year! LOL

Thread Information