Thread: Swine Flu vaccine

Swine Flu vaccine

ok, yes theres a vaccine coming, but i read that the first ones to get it will be people that are alcoholics, on drugs an so forth......... What about us who have other health problems.......

I really dont think that the government is thinking is thru.

I have mild asthma and i am pretty cheesed off at how this has happened, I say give those that are MORE vunerable and tht will be grateful for the vaccine first............

Comments please .....

Re: Swine Flu vaccine

druggys and alchos goes first wat about kids and pregnant women
    this is sooo wrong

Swiss pharmaceuticals company Novartis AG said Friday it has successfully produced a first batch of swine flu vaccine weeks ahead of expectations. The vaccine was made in cells, rather than grown in eggs as is usually the case with vaccines, the company said.

The announcement comes a day after the World Health Organization declared swine flu, also known as the H1N1 virus, a pandemic. The move indicates that a global outbreak is under way. WHO says drugmakers will likely have vaccines approved and ready for sale after September.

The swine flu vaccine can be given at the same time as other vaccines, including the seasonal flu jab. The swine flu prototype vaccines have been clinically tested and shown to produce good immune system responses, and have an acceptable safety profile as with any new vaccine, some very rare side effects cannot be identified or excluded until the swine flu vaccines are used in much larger numbers of people in the general population.

A vaccine has been developed, tested, and now FDA approved and an increasing supply of doses are arriving at doctor's office and clinics to help prevent infections from the 2009 H1N1 strain of the flu. Swine flu vaccine improves to the point that all priority groups have gotten vaccinated, everyone from the ages of 25 through 64 years will get vaccinated too.

Thread Information