Thread: Panic returned

Panic returned

A little about myself;

I first started to get panic attacks in college after smoking a lot of cannabis - all I got was paranoia and when I eventually stopped the drugs, the paranoia and panicking did not.

I recieved counselleing for a year, and CBT for a few months. Everything got better when I met my GF, but now things are bad again, after I recently came out of hospital and now my panic attacks have come back ten fold.

I have never been this panicky before and it's hard to go a day without bursting into tears and panicking over everything.

My health is my major concern, any twitch or pain and I start to panic. My leg is constantly numb or throbbing, and I have been to the doctors about it, but it was all put down to my anxiety.

I'm now on a waiting list to start CBT again, but I have no idea how long thats going to take and I really cannot last like this much longer.

Re: Panic returned

Hiya,

Im really sorry to hear that your panic attacks have come back. I too started getting panic attacks a few years ago (it was very sudden and they started from no particular reason) and i receieved CBT for a year. For the last couple of years ive been ok but I too have recently had the symptoms coming back and it's such a disappointment. I keep telling myself not to let it take over me again because it nearly ruined my life before. I just thought I would send you a message to wish you the best of luck and I hope you are able to overcome it again as I know exactly how you are feeling!

To the people that have recived CBT how long did it take for your referral?
    It's only been a few days since I was told I would be refered but it feels like at least a week now :(

So everything is getting worse :(
    I'm on diazepam twice a day and a sleeping pill at night

The nightmares are getting worse I'm spending most of the day crying and i don't know what to do
    I contacted a private psychotherapist today but he has yet to get back to me
    I'm so scared that this is going to get to the point of me being locked up

i dont know what to do

Thread Information