Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: concerned and scared

Hey Kirst

Sometimes i think that people who talk down to others must have low self esteem/need for attention themselves.Otherwise why would they constantly have to try to put others down,to make themselves look/feel better!This is especially true if done in front of an audience.

Hunny x

Hi Kirkgray

Social Anxiety is an awful thing to have, especially when you are working surrounded by people. It is an anxiety that no one should ever have to face, but when you suffer from low esteem and anxiety this is one of the first issues you have to deal with, social phobia can lead to panic and agoraphobia for some people, The fuzzy head and the funny eyes are quite normal during anxiety and so is the loss of thought and the inability to concentrate, but you can improve on this, by just going into work every day you are dealing with it, but I think what the others have said about going to see your Gp and possibly medication could help for the short term. Councelling is probably your best form of defence on this one, but dont lose faith things will improve just take small steps

Take care for now

Sue with 5

scknight

hi kigray sory you're not feeling so good I know just how you feel hope the doc does more than give you pills tho if he's anything like mine you'll be taking pills for life. Hope you feel better soon

"You die if you worry and you die if you don't"

MY god Nigel!

Ive just read your post and cried my eyes out!. In a good way tho ive been wanting to cry for a while and just couldnt, the last part about looking in the mirror did it for me because I always think about the times when I didnt worry like this and how happy I was before and I just want to feel like that again!!. My problem I know is I am obsessed with my looks- throughout life people give me compliments but having been bullied I just cannot believe the good points and feel the need to put myself down, I just want to be able to laugh at myself again and feel comfortable in my own skin and accept who I am-I know what I have to do but not sure how to go about it :( -Take care xkirstx

Totally agree with Nigel.

I think in society though we somehow think its big headed of us to agree with the compliment.

Anyway, I'm going to accept all compliments that come my way nicely from now on.

Nigel - I am still a clever sod

Love Piglet x

Wow,

Just read and re read Nigel's posts - he has something there - I'm in awe!

Thanks Nigel!

Kirsti - I'm sure his comments will help you greatly - hope things are a little brighter today!

Take care

Elaine

Nigel you are the COOL!![8D]

You have such a way with words and I shall always refer back to this, what you say makes a great deal of sense-im not the best with words!!. Im not being negative there [:I] i just find it hard to describe feelings sometimes.

Well good news im booked on a self esteem course with 10 other people in manchester in 2 weeks it lasts for a whole day yikes bit scared to say the least but everyone there has some form of anxiety or panic-quite excited actually!!XKirstyX

Great news about the self-esteem course Kirsty. Hope this goes well for you and you get a lot out of it.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information