Thread: which med??

which med??

hi there, most of you might already know that im on flouxetine, well the problem im having is that its doing wonders for my depression but is making my panic attacks ten times worse, is there a med that can be good for both? and if so what are the names of these meds?

dmcgovern

Hi dmcgovern

There are a number of antidepressants which are also prescribed for anxiety.

Have you spoken to your doctor about the problems you are having with your current medication? If not, I would suggest arranging an appointment to do this and discuss with the doctor any possible change to a different medication.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

I was on Cipralex which can be used to treat both. It did wonders for me but everyone is different. Best speak to your doctor

"If life were simple, word would have got around"

Hi Denise

I was on fluoxetine, but when I was referred on, the medication was changed to Cipralex (citalopram) as it treats anxiety and panic attacks. It seems to be suiting me, but everyone is different.

As others have said, best to chat things through with your doctor.

Elaine

I would agree with the Citalopram recommendation....but go and discuss with your GP!

First Anxiety...then panic attacks...now GAD and depression...now working on a better future!

Hi Denise

Sorry your not good I know how hard to panic attacks are for you, but I think Sarah is right Cipramil or one of those family members will help combat both issues

Good luck and take care

Sue with 5

scknight

Hi Den,
    I am on citalopram, and they have worked wonders for me.
    I had to try a few first though before I found the one that suited me the best.
    Take care
    Trac xx

its "just a thought"

hi guys, thanx for replying to my topic and im gonna make an appointment asap with my doc, hopfully she will get me on med thats perfect for me! takecare guys.

dmcgovern

Thread Information