Thread: Having a bad day - advice needed please!

Having a bad day - advice needed please!

I've been coming on this site now for a month or so. I had started to feel a bit better regarding my anxiety around intrusive and unwelcome thoughts and I am definately not having so many I'm just feeling even more down and generally anxious now.

I'm supposed to be going to Liverpool today to go to uni, something I do every Tuesday but don't seem to be able to motivate myself to get going, it's a 1 1/2 hr trip by train and I just don't think I can sit on the train alone for that long today, normally it doesn't really bother me. I'm feeling a bit shaky and I just want to go back to bed and pull the covers over my head.

I have some work to do for tomorrow as well at work, so I suppose I must be a bit stressed out but it drives me mad, I just want to feel right and be able to do the things I need to.

I also met a bloke on a night out at the weekend and it seems so daft because I know I deserve a nice bloke but I've avoided getting into anything for so long because of how I feel it's making me even more nervous! Grrrrrr!

Anybody got any advice?

Ta Roz xxx

'All I want is to be normally insane' Marlon Brando

Hey Rozza,

Sorry you are having a bad morning, I know all too well where you are coming from!!

I really think you should go to uni, buy a magazine like OK, or Heat and spend the journey slating celebrity's! catch up on the gossip, and b4 you know it you will be there!

Seriously though, If you don't, think how hard it could be next week.

And as for the bloke you met, perhaps you've got lots of nervous excitement running through your body. That might also be making you feel a bit on edge?

Have a good day,

tracy x x

Every time you avoid your fears they become stronger,every time you face your fears they become weaker.

Thanks for that Tracy! Nothing better than a good old read of heat! I think I will make myself go down to the shop later but that'll probably about it for today, I have text my uni friend to tell her I'm not going and she knows about my anxiety and whatnot so hopefully she'll not think too badly of me. I'm going to spend the rest of today doing the work for a project I should have done yesterday but couldn't get myself motivated to do and ended up booking flights to New York, another thing that although I'm really looking forward to has probably raised my anxiety a bit. God, I'm rubbish arn't I?! Instead of being excited about my trip and happy that I'm at uni doing something I enjoy I'm sat at home feeling sorry for myself! It's weird because I'll feel fine for a week and then have a bad week and then be ok again. I suppose that's just the way it goes and one thing that is fab about this forum is that you can come on and have a moan when you feel like it! Just getting it all off your chest makes you feel a bit more positive! xx

'All I want is to be normally insane' Marlon Brando

Hey Rozza,

At least you know that although you are having a bad week, you know its just a blip, and you'll be back on top form in a day or two.

Get that Heat magazine and push the boat out and get some choccie too!! Can't fail to cheer you up!!

tracy x x

Every time you avoid your fears they become stronger,every time you face your fears they become weaker.

hi Rozza,

I think you need to put it down as being 'one of those days'. Don't dwell on it and don't make it out to be more important than it is...Just tell yourself that tomorrow will be better and then it WILL be..

Sarah

"If life were simple, word would have got around"

Thread Information