Thread: analysing past events, living in the now??

analysing past events, living in the now??

Any tips on how to live in the here and now, dont buddhists meditate to do this, I havnt had an abusive childhood( and to those that have I send you peace) but my life seems such a mess when I look back on it, any good books on self esteem , coNfidence and ACCEPTANCE.

I know we cant change whats gone but it sometimes has such a hold on me and others I am sure

Frankie,
    I wish I knew the answer to that one, I am on a list for a self esteem and assertiveness course, as my self esteem is ermm zero lol.
    I have been told it is all to do with accepting who you are and liking yourself, which I have trouble doing.
    Hopefully the course will cure me of this, then watch out all of you. LOL
    Take care
    Trac xx

its "just a thought"

Frankie

I think part of this is down to having stuff in the present or very near future to focus on and enjoy as well as the constant self development to develop esteem and confidence.

I did read The power of Now - Eckhart Tolle , you might want to read any reviews on Amazon as I really can't remember very much about it now- a hefty read

I liked The precious Present - Spencer Johnson . A tiny read

and I always enjoy the very little books for real bullet point stuff for upliftingness such as 60 ways to feel amazing- Lynda Field. They've already cut the waffle.

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

I read the Tolle book too Meg.

I found it quite inspiring so might be worth a go?

First Anxiety...then panic attacks...now GAD and depression...now working on a better future!

Hi Frankie

I actually receive daily updates from a buddhist temple in England who do on line course on self esteem and confidence as well as a number of other things such as meditattion and deep relaxation, now I am not saying I want to become a buddhist but I certainly believe in some of the processes they use

have a look on the internet and if You would like the link to the site I use pm me and I will send it to you

Good luck frankie and dont ever give up,!

Sue with 5

scknight

Hi Frankie

Wish i could give you the magic answer and i know when i feel like that i cling on to the past, an excuse to how i am feeling now is my justification.

But there is a way forward and we have to remember the past is the past and the future can only make us stronger and more aware of what affected us and what we wont let it do again.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

Thread Information