Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sorry I haven't been here much

Sorry I haven't been here much

Hi all

As many of you will know I am usually on the forum posting every day and replying to all your posts as soon as I can. These past 2 weeks I have hardly replied to any posts and I felt I needed to post about it to explain why.

I am doing ok health wise but I have just hit a downer at the moment because of various things going on. My driving issues are taking over my life and I am working on sorting that out but it is making me feel very upset at the moment cos I hate being beaten[}] JFDI and all that eh?

The website and message forum was taking over my life to a great extent and all I did every night was sit on here and post all night, then go in the chat room and talk there for hours.

Then we have had problems with some members on the forum and loads of issues in chat and I guess things have just built up over time.

I guess I have kind of hit a "burn out" and I come on here and just can't face posting replies to people. There is nothing in particular wrong just a few niggling problems that I am trying to sort out and I think I am just "tired" and needed a break.

I know that this is my fault cos I feel like I have to be on here posting all the time and supporting people but I realised this last week that I don't have to be here all the time and all of you wonderful people have made sure that all new members were welcomed and all questions were answered. So thanks for that

So I will be back soon but please remember I am always here and even if I don't post I still read your messages so I am still watching you [8)]

Thanks to all the fantastic people on here who offer support to everyone else and especially to Meg who is replying to the majority of the posts like she always has done without fail.

I just wanted to let you know that I am still around and please don't think that I have abandonded you all - I am still here (can't get rid of me that easily [:P])

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

Nic
    You are such a kind and caring person you do so much for others it is about time u had some time for yourself.
    As you say everyone is very kind and supporting towards each other which makes this place such a warm and inviting place to come.
    We all hit hard points on our way to recovery but i guess its another challenge in our way to see how strong we really are.
    Thank you for all you've done for me your so warm and lovely you dont come by many ppl like yourself.
    Take care realax and chill till u feel strong again.
    Love south (sam)
    P.S u have no reason to b sorry u do so much 4 others we understand every 1 needs a break at some point
    x

Hi Nic,

if I can do anything to help let me know. I'd like to think that it's not all take and that we can give you back some help as well.

I don't think you need to explain yourself at all. You've set up a fantastic resource that has helped hundreds of people just like me. I'm not surprised you need a well deserved break to re-charge your batteries and deal with your own stuff. Don't beat yourself up over it.

Will be thinking about you,

take care,
    Trev x

Hi Nic

Sorry to hear that you've been feeling low. You do so much for everyone on this site and without you we wouldn't have such a great place to come to get some help and support when we need it.

Everyone needs some time out sometimes and you have had a lot to deal with these past few weeks. I don't think it is your fault that you reached 'burn out'; it is because you care so much for people and do your best to help.

I, for one, really appreciate everything you do for us with this site. I get so much support here.

For now you need to put yourself first and look after yourself. You need to do some other activities that you enjoy and give yourself a break from spending every minute of your time on here.

I am thinking of you and hope you are feeling better soon.

Take care.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Hi Nic,

This is a massive web-site and so all credit to you!

Now you can sit back a bit and watch as people help each other through various things, you should take great pride in that!

Hope everything continues to go well for you!

First Anxiety...then panic attacks...now GAD and depression...now working on a better future!

Hi Nic

Can't really add much more to what everyone else has said.

You do so much for others, you need time for yourself.

Lots of love

MANDIE XX

Will I ever escape this?
    Will I ever be free?
    Wake me up from this nightmare.
    Please just give me the key!

Aaww Nic i will just give you a BIG HUG in a mate way of course lol.

Love
    Trac xx

its "just a thought"

((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))) )))

Here if you need me boss!

Take care

Sax xx[8D]

Hi Nic, Know Ive talked to you tonight but I just want to say what all the others have said really, you are a very special person with a very special site for which a lot of us are truly grateful.
    I was getting nowhere in my recovery until I was advised to learn about this instead of fight it, although this did not happen immediately i had this site reccommended and soon became a member, soon after I was lucky enough to meet everybody in the North East meetup, have since kept in touch with all of those lovely people, although I had many friends prior to that I now know if i felt really bad I could contact any one of these for advice .We are all singing the same song.
    You have given me a very special friend in Kairen and somebody I have yet to meet, big boss Ray, but to mention two, there are many more friends too. So Nic I think what Im trying to say, is take a break, chill out, if you and Meg do half as much for others as you have for me then well done to both of you, in my eyes it is not these big celebrities who deserve medals etc it is you two at nomorepanic, thanks gang, love Alexis,xx

Alexis

Hi Nic,

Alexis is spot on.

It's a question of balance and burnout is a good way of describing it.

You know I think its in the air a bit at the moment - reading the posts I realise that quite a few are having a little wobble (me included)!!!!

There have been a few up's and down's on the site recently as all of us have noticed and I have thanked my lucky stars it wasn't for me to have to deal with. I can't think how you do all this and WORK!!!

Take a well deserved breather Nic - we know your around, you don't need to be posting for that.

You are a little marvel in shorts.

Big squeeze

Piggle xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information