Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Calls himself a dad

Calls himself a dad

Hi i suffer with anxiety and panic attacks had them since 17 on and off. My mum has always been my rock when i was so low. Sadly 3 years ago she died suddendly. Mum and dad were divorced never really had a close relationship with him. Talk 2 him on phone about panic and he tells me 2 pull myself together only if i could. Getting married next year evertime i mention it changes subject. Says hurtful things feel so angry towards him miss my mum so much

Re: Calls himself a dad

Hiya hun

Hav a hug

Some people just don't understand how it feel to suffer from anxiety and panic, you can try and explain but the "pull yourself together" attitude is all too common.
    Maybe your dad is not the best person to talk to about your anxiety, you say you haven't got a close relationship with him so you may be best turning to someone else.
    I'm sorry to hear your mum is no longer there to support you..what about the man you are going to marry, is he supportive?
    There is only so much you can do regarding your dad hun, if he is not responsive then maybe you should just leave it be as it is only hurting you.
    By the way..this is the place to let it all out anger, anxiety the lot. You can be sure of an understanding ear on the forum.
    xx

bev people who dont suffer from anxiety dont really understand it, i had it a year before i understood it myself.Alot of peoples attitude is pull yourself together(if only we all could). IF YOU NEED SUPPORT TURN TO NMP,thats what its here for,one big anxious family lol.

(((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))) bev xx

Have a hig from me too hun!

Andrea
    xxxxxx

aw I find alot of people simply do not understand because they can't relate.
    it is so frustrating.
    I do hope you have at least friend that understands and offers you comfort.
    plus everyone here understands too.
    so big hugs from me x

Hello. It can take a very long time to recover from losing your Mum. You sound as if her loss is still very raw for you. Perhaps it might help you to deal with your feeelings and to understand your Dad's if you had someone who knows about bereavement to talk to.

I suggest you contact CRUSE. They have trained people who can really help you through:

http://www.crusebereavementcare.org.uk/

Thank u all for ur posts yeah maddie think i do need 2 see cruse when u feel like this all u want is ur mum x

Give them a ring. They are lovely people.

Big hugs xx

Yeah have been in contact but cos im havin hypnotherapy cant see anyone til it stops. How r u?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information