Thread: Wierd burning/cold feeling in my throat

Wierd burning/cold feeling in my throat

Hi everyone, havn't posted for a while as I thought I was doing really well. I was suffering with bad acid reflux symptoms with bad nausea and gagging sensations from time to time. I was given 20mg omeprazole daily by doc and eventually plucked up the courage to take it. For the first week I felt great, much less acid and nausea subsided, probably due to me being less anxious! I know my acid reflux may be caused by my anxiety as I have had somany other symptoms that were. Can anyone give me any reassurance? Anyone else on omeprazole. Why for the last 3 days I am getting a slight burning/cold feeling in my throat. Not exactly like my usual acid feeling, just stingy sensation that comes and goes right below my adams apple. I don't have any pain and don't seem to be too acidy, when I burp etc, what is this feeling, could it be ulcers? a growth, why has the omeprazole not controlled my symptoms, I am terribly afraid now I have something more serious than acid reflux.

Anyone any experience of anything likethis??

Re: Wierd burning/cold feeling in my throat

I too have the same sensation from time to time and also suffer from periodic acid reflux.

I think it is just one of the weird symptoms that reflux produces - either it burns or it is sore or it produces this odd 'cold' sensation. Unless it gets really troublesome I wouldn't worry too much about it.

D.

Thanks for your reply, it really helps to know others have had similar symptoms. I seem to develop one wierd symptom after another and they are always really hard to explain to people. Also they never bother me at night and not until I have been up for an hour or so in the morning! Strange.

Hi Jessie,

I am totally with you there...I have acid reflux and some very odd sy,ptoms with it, different sensations in my throat...sometimes burning, somtimes tickly, just very weird! Again, it doesn't bother me when I first wake up for abou an hour or so and goes away at night!! Very odd indeed...horrible though! I understand x

I have had the same feeling after I came home from school on a migrane. i went home and slept, then when i woke up i felt it. the way to help it is to drink soup.
    it will hurt at first but will eventually go away.

Thread Information