Thread: Hallo hallo...

Red face Hallo hallo...

Hi all

After constantly reading posts on this form from years and years of googling "anxiety attack" "panic attack symptoms" etc, I finally decided to bite the bullet and join.

I'm 23 years old, female, supposedly starting my Masters in Music in September alongside my job at a New Media Art Gallery... but at the moment I'm signed off sick for two weeks as I'm adjusting to fluoxetine... I have suffered with emetophobia since aged 9 and only vomited once since then (It didn't reduce the phobia, sadly!) which has led to constant anxiety, mostly health anxiety; and panic attacks. I also have IBS which I think is entirely triggered by the anxiet. I had a break from panic attacks and anxiety for around 6 months where I experienced no panic symptoms whatsoever... but sadly it's just come back with a venegance and I'm pretty much house bound.

I've just started on fluoxetine six days ago and I'm hoping it will help, as I had a bad experience on citalopram last year. I've had CBT, two types of hypnotherapy, reiki and counselling and none of it has really worked... although the hypnotherapy has taught me great ways to relax.

I'm remaining positive, there has GOT to be a cure that's right for me somewhere, right?

I look forward to reading some of your stories and being part of this fabulous support network

ss
    x

Re: Hallo hallo...

Hi Sailor and toNMP .you will find lots of support here and some useful information on the main menu .Take care SUE X

Re: Hallo hallo...

hiya sailor welcome to nmp this place is an inspiration and i hope you find the advice and reassurance you need here,the chatroom is a great place to come and have a chat with people that are experiencing the same as you and im sure you will find the reassurance you need

Keep it up with the meds
    Take care h x

Thread Information